Phone App dark during calls?

kabeeo

Reaction score
My phone screen use to stay on during calls but now it goes dark almost as soon as the call starts. Even when I move the phone from my ear to enter an extension or stop the call. Anybody else have that problem?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The screen should go "dark" when on the phone though it shouldn't stay that way once you pull it away from your face. It may take a second or two to light up once the proximity sensor alerts the system. This is by design to save battery and is the way it's supposed to work. It's not supposed to stay on during calls.

If yours isn't lighting up, your proximity sensor may be malfunctioning. It should stay lit while on speaker phone (away from your face) though normal screen timeout settings should could kick in an make it turn off (I haven't used speaker phone long enough to experience this myself).

LT*

Reaction score
It could be an issue with the Proximity sensor. Download "Sensor test" from the Market and see what the readings for the Proximity sensor are. I had this issue with my D1, and can't remember the numbers right now, but I remember it being obvious by the readings that the sensor was not working.

Reaction score
Some badly designed cases cover the sensors on the phone. If you have any case on the phone remove it and try without it. Same with screen protectors.