Using SD Card for storing Spotify and associated Offline media

forgingry

Reaction score
Hey Droids.....I am new to the phorums and look forward to sharing as much Tech Knowledge as I have to offer. This is a great tool for Android Users. This is the part where I ask someone to help out. I want to store Spotify and it's Offline media on my SD Card. After installed Spotify, I opened Settings before signing in for the first time. I noticed the SD Card Location was already assigned (/mnt/sdcard/). Once I opened the app I opened Settings and opened About. Apparently, Spotify only recognizes 8 gb, so I know it's using internal storage because my SD is 16gb. Any ideas on how I could use the Ext SD Card? Thanks for any help you can provide.

adil

Reaction score
Hi All, showing only 8gig doesn't necessarily mean it is not sorting on sd card.a sure way to determine this is to look what is on the sd card, using a PC. If it is not there Spotify may have the same issue other apps ran into, OEMs starting to implement external and internal sd card locations without letting developers know which path to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rbeaubien

Reaction score
To change Spotify to store the cached songs on the external SD do this:

1. In Spotify's settings, log out and then exit the app
2. Re-open the app and you should see the Facebook/Sign in Page
3. Hit your menu button, select SD location and change it to say /mnt/sdcard-ext

/mnt/sdcard-ext is the external SD card. /mnt/sdcard is the phone's internal memory. Once you do this, the amount Spotify shows you have free should match with your external SD Card.

subsynth

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked. I had to clear cache data in the spotify app first and re-sync everything to get it to work.

I tried just adding something else to my sync list, but it was still reporting the wrong free space. But deleting the cache, logging out and back in (and having to choose to Sync this device on the desktop app) and now I'm in business.

rbeaubien

Reaction score
Oh right I forgot to say clear cache. Glad you got it working though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums