Using a Droidx as a PDA or MP3 Player

Probe7270

Reaction score
I recently upgraded phones to the Motorola Bionic. That left me with 2 DroidX phones with no service on them. I reset both of them to factory settings. One of them I power up, went through the initial settings and now I can still use it as a PDA, check mail with the WiFi, etc. The other one, for whatever reason will power up and then go to the screen that has me activate the phone service and will not allow me to go past that.

Does anyone know how I can bypass this so that I can use the phone for everything but making phone calls?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know that you can bypass setup on the RAZRs by tapping the 4 corners of the screen, starting from top left in a clockwise motion. I don't know if that works for the X or not. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

I did a similar thing with my old D2 for my son, who now uses it as a PSP substitute. I also have a D1 that I use around the house as a glorified remote control for my FIOS, SoundBridge and SONOS! Not to mention I also use it as a portable player via WIFI streaming from the desktop PC - with access to 2TB of music, and also surf on it when the wife has the PC tied up :blink:!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
FoxKat is right. Press the top left, top right, bottom right and bottom left corners in that order and you'll bypass the setup

OP
Probe7270

Probe7270

Reaction score
You guys rock! That worked! Thanks so much, I thought I had bricked the thing! dancedroid