?Use SGS3 as 3G connection to SG tab??? during Power Failure only.

melonline

Reaction score
Is there any way to use my phone as a 3g-4g connection when I'm experiencing a power failure? I don't want to have to pay for a hot spot for just the time the power is out. Thank you for your help.
I connected them today ok both blue tooth and hard wire, but when attempting to turn on mobile hot spot I get the sign up notice. Is there an app for that?

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
+2 for FoxFi! Works Great and its Free! And "no" they can't tell your using it!!
Just remember this : it takes a couple minutes to activate, load, and connect!
It "WILL NOT" CONNECT IN 2 SECONDS!!!
Your phone and computer need to talk to each other for a brief minute.Don't be impatient!
If it fails on first try, reboot App again, it might take 1 or 2 tries to connect!
When mine connects, my phone "chirps", and shows a connection with KB download section at the top of the screen!

OP
melonline

melonline

Reaction score
Thank you both, I will give it a try, again thank you.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
melonline said:
Thank you both, I will give it a try, again thank you.

You can also try (PDA.Net)! And tether it with a cable. With the "free" version, you can browse and stuff, just can't access "secure" sites like banking, and some things you have to sign into. It blocks any "Http"s" sites. No "s" sites. Foxfi gives you a wifi hotspots with no restrictions!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums