Use of Blackberry cables

RannyWelton

Reaction score
I have moved to Droid X after several years with BB, most recently BB Tour. I find that all of the BB cables work and seem to charge fine with the Droid (PC to unit, AC to unit and car to unit). Is there any danger of doing this - nice to not have to buy the extra cables for the Droid.
Thanks,
Ranny

android15

Reaction score
I use blackberry cables with my droid 1 all the time and I havent had any problems. Ive used the wall charger and usb cables and they work fine for me.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just keep an eye out for the phone doing odd things while charging. I have heard of non stock chargers making the phone act possessed.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here

I use blackberry cables with my droid 1 all the time and I havent had any problems. Ive used the wall charger and usb cables and they work fine for me.

DroidForums junkie!

San Antone RR

Reaction score
BBerry cables work fine. Motorola arranged the contacts on their micro USB so that a standard one makes the phone tell you that the battery is bad and sometimes requires a reboot. IDK if it thrashes the battery; my nuts aren't big enough to leave it plugged in to see if it cooks the battery and/or the phone, but the BBerry cables are set up the same as Motorola.
Used one on my Razor for years with no issues.
Hope that helps.

Steve

Droidfish

Reaction score
I use an LG charger for my D1 at work and haven't had any issues. Consider what Spaz said as well, it is a fairly common to have your phone do some pretty random stuff plugged into an after market/ non-stock charger.

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
Once i plugged in a cheap charger i got from a liqour store and everytime i plugged it in my phone would freeze and i would have to pull the battery

LilTortillaBoy

Reaction score
I use my old LG charger for my droid x. It charges just fine but it does seem to warm up the bottom of the phone quiet a bit.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My storm 1 and storm 2 wallchargers work fine with my Droid X. I have one at home and one in the office.

spartan0311mp

Reaction score
I noticed that the major brand micro usb products all work fine. Its the off brand stuff you gotta watch out for, such as overheating of the battery because most off brands seem not to pay much attn to voltage regulation and such. I just switched from a bb myself and use all my old bb chargers and cables.

Sent from my DROIDX

MrsTokyo

Reaction score
Well last night I charged my X for a short while with my BB charger and it crashed.

^^^But the phone was acting up right after I unboxed it, so I highly doubt the charger had anything to do with it crashing.