USB Mass Storage REBOOT

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Every time I plug my phone into my computer and select "USB Mass Storage" I get a reboot. Once it reboots, I unplug my cord and replug it in, and I'm good.

This is really annoying, has anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering how to fix it.

Thanks.

Snow02

Reaction score
Go to manage applications, on sd card, and move any apps that are on the sd card to the phone. That should fix it.

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Go to manage applications, on sd card, and move any apps that are on the sd card to the phone. That should fix it.

I did the partition switch that was on this thread, so is the SD card you're referring to the "Media Area"? Because that is all I have...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Snow02

Reaction score

I did the partition switch that was on this thread, so is the SD card you're referring to the "Media Area"? Because that is all I have...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Probably. Sorry, I don't have an X2. The idea is you want all your apps on the partition that is not mounted when connecting usb. I imagine that's called phone. The X2 mounts two partitions when connected to usb - the sd card and I guess what they're calling the media area.

Haiasi

Reaction score
Every time I plug my phone into my computer and select "USB Mass Storage" I get a reboot. Once it reboots, I unplug my cord and replug it in, and I'm good.

This is really annoying, has anyone else had this happen? I'm wondering how to fix it.

Thanks.

Shot in the dark here. But did you by chance root and freeze any app? If so, did you check to make sure you didn't freeze the USB service/app. If you did that could potentially cause the reboot.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

igknight

Reaction score
I have this problem 3 out of every 5 times I do it. Don't have apps on my SD card, do have things frozen, but nothing that should cause this issue.

When I have it connected and select to mount the USB Mass Storage and it reboots, if I leave it connected to my computer it boots, mounts, reboots. If I disconnect during the reboot, let it boot and mount the card on the phone, then plug it in, it works for a few times.

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I have this problem 3 out of every 5 times I do it. Don't have apps on my SD card, do have things frozen, but nothing that should cause this issue.

When I have it connected and select to mount the USB Mass Storage and it reboots, if I leave it connected to my computer it boots, mounts, reboots. If I disconnect during the reboot, let it boot and mount the card on the phone, then plug it in, it works for a few times.

I let it reboot, then I "catch" the USB notification in the drop down shade quick and switch it to charge before it reboots. This will stop an instant reboot. Then I switch it back to USB. 1 out of 5 times I will not get a reboot. Really annoying. I rooted, froze/removed, and supercharged, but nothing that should cause this. I think the partition switch messed it up.