usb charging issue

hereticalhermit

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
motorola b140DL
I have looked for hours on the internet and here, yet cannot find an answer. The closest I can come is "change usb charging to usb file transfer", which has absolutely no bearing on this particular issue...believe me, I have tried, in every combination. Two new phones, exactly the same, came with a usb c to usb c cord, which I had never seen before. When the 2 phones are plugges into each other, one charges the other. That makes the second, backup phone, capable of being used as a battery bank. Problem is, it only wants to charge the opposite direction! When I plug the 2 phones into each other (or any of the other old phones into the main one), I might or might not get the notification "usb charging". If that notification doesn't come up, then it is "charging connected device via usb" which is NOT what I want. When the correct notification does come up, it changes within about ten seconds, and starts sending power to the one that is already almost full, instead of the main phone that I want to charge. How do I solve this?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello. I honestly think the easiest solution is but a decent USB-C wall brick (charging block) and then you can charge either phone when needed. Charging a phone using another phone seems overcomplicated and could lead to battery issues down the road.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
H

hereticalhermit

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
motorola b140DL
that really is not a solution. Thanks anyway.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OP
H

hereticalhermit

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
motorola b140DL
Thank you! That does help, as long as both phones remain on or the one being charged is powered down first.