"Charge Only" option is gone?

jigawatt

Reaction score
I made the mistake and allowed my phone to update. I wasn't given a warning that it was going to be ICS ,had I known it was going to be ICS, I would have told it not to install it. Now, I'm stuck without the "Charge Only" option, which is really a deal breaker for me. I don't want my phone to be trying to make popups and installing drivers on machines that aren't mine. I just want it to charge, and nothing more. Now, that option is clearly gone.

And in worst case scenarios right now, the computers that I want to plug into just to charge, are on a network that lock down all USB ports when anything is trying to install or transfer data.

Let me guess, no way to revert back to Gingerbread? :mad:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No way to go back to gingerbread. Connect as media device or camera may allow you to plug into PC As charge only. There are only a select few PC's I plug into so I have no idea what my phone would do in those modes on any random computer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
J

jigawatt

Reaction score
As stated, I can't use any of them because it triggers the bloatware crap to try to download and install, then what happens is, all USB ports literally get disabled via the network. Unacceptable. All I want to do is listen to my music and let it stay charging.

Last edited: