US Army Using Android Devices Now

Darkseider

Reaction score
The only reason I can think of for the Army using Android is to be able to combat SkyNet when it goes live in 2012. This way they will have their own army of Androids to fight off the first generation Terminators.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only reason I can think of for the Army using Android is to be able to combat SkyNet when it goes live in 2012. This way they will have their own army of Androids to fight off the first generation Terminators.
:rofl3::rofl3:

Get ready.... :painkiller:

+1

Big Ry

Reaction score
we need a "like" b utton on this forum! lol

azules9780

Reaction score
Though I no longer am in the Marine Corps, I can see Android technology being used in certain communication equipment. But I can guarantee you they will not be using a Droid X from Verizon to send encrypted messages back to HQ or a MAGTF. If anything, they will use the technology already created and implement it in their own devices. Google looks to be getting some major gov't contracts over the next few years so I would not doubt it will be used in some form.

Yeah my cousin just called me from GA. She works for Georgia Military College and they are moving to android products as their "company" phones as well. Her 1st question was "How do I make this thing give my laptop internet?" LOL

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I used to work as a civilian for the Army on their networks and they drove me crazy with all the little old dos programs they had for doing the things they needed.. Making dos work with the modern software was constantly a big burr under my saddle...

So I could see why the Army would jump at the chance of open source phones, each section could have their own apps to retrieve the info they need and never have to worry about compatibility again.....

That was the best possible thing that could happen to the Army......