Android OS Gets Battle Tested for U.S. Army

Graymayre

Reaction score
Maybe this is to replace the slow and glitchy Blue Force Trackers we used, or rather failed to use, overseas. Of course, they have to figure out a way to transmit wireless and still be secure, with enough speed for it to be any use at all. Otherwise it'll be as slow as downloading WOW on dialup.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Anything would be better than the BFT...but then again, BFT is better than having nothing at all.

I see a very early problem with this if fielded in-country...these type apps are going to require Data and GPS. Are they planning on operating a 3G/4G cell network, or trying to run this off the satellite/signal systems we already have? Coming from a Signal Unit, this is not a very good plan..
No matter what they use right now, it will have to be modified in-country to get around the wireless jammers we are constantly using now to defeat IED attacks...so I am curious to see what the Tech Aspect of this device is actually built around....

They wont compromise EW to allow something like that. Sadly enough, it is likely the communication will be the same as the BFT used
Im not going into detail for obvious reasons.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

52brandon

Reaction score
interesting. And with some of the electronics-infused battle rifles they have been trying out, maybe some sort of bluetooth connectivity or something. This could really open up possibilities on the battlefield