Upgrading SD card

mattamous

Reaction score
Other than transferring over my music and pix, is there anything else I will need to transfer over? I'm assuming some of the folders I have created for ring tones and such will need to be transferred but wasn't sure about the system folders.

T2noob

Reaction score
Other than transferring over my music and pix, is there anything else I will need to transfer over? I'm assuming some of the folders I have created for ring tones and such will need to be transferred but wasn't sure about the system folders.

I would just backup everything and then transfer it to your new sdcard just to make sure you don't miss anything.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went from a 16gb to a 32gb first I transfered all of the apps I had on my SD to the system of my phone, ejected my SD and via card reader copied the entire contents to my computer. I put the new (blank) card in my Droid and let it format then via USB cable transfered all of my files to my new SD card and was done, no troubles

OP
mattamous

mattamous

Reaction score
Sweet, I figured it would be pretty painless but just wanted to make sure before I unmounted my 8gb and gifted it away.

cooksalot

Reaction score
oh, nice I was wondering if all I would have to do is drag and copy.:)

cooksalot

Reaction score
Oh, and mattamous you can always gift that card to me. heehee:D

OP
mattamous

mattamous

Reaction score
HAHA! I'll make sure to keep that in mind cooksalot!! :biggrin: