unable to read sd card

garyharrison

Reaction score
i transfered all my music from my black berry to computer and then to my droid 2 sd card. For about a day i can listen to music and use music as ring tones then it all of a sdudden cant read again. It does work but when it quits i have to pull out battery so it will recognize music on card again. Any ideas why????????????????

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
The next time it happens go to settings, sd card and phone storage, and see if it says ur sd card memory use. If it don't, then the phone is unmounting ur sd card. Bad files can sometimes do this.

Id reccommend downloading an antivirus for ur phone to scan files to check.

Personally, I like antivirus. Its free and has a yellow/white capsule for an icon. Try that n see if it fixes ur problems

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The next time it happens go to settings, sd card and phone storage, and see if it says ur sd card memory use. If it don't, then the phone is unmounting ur sd card. Bad files can sometimes do this.

Id reccommend downloading an antivirus for ur phone to scan files to check.

Personally, I like antivirus. Its free and has a yellow/white capsule for an icon. Try that n see if it fixes ur problems

sent from lg ally (rooted running velocity 0.3)

With all due respect to xixgrimmxix, antivirus is more problems then solutions.

You can't get an a virus on your phone right now. And probably won't ever later. iMacs outsell Droid phones and they don't get a virus. It is much harder to right a virus for Linux based systems then it is for Windows. And Widows is just much more accessible to a virus then Linux.

Nobody has reported a Virus in Linux in over 5 years.

So if there are no viruses, then what is it checking for? It has to check for known viruses and if there aren't any then all it is is a system hog,

You shouldn't however have to pull your battery out however because of your music. I suggest you remove what you have in there now and use a program like Double Twist to install your music.

Taegost

Reaction score
When this happens, do you have your phone plugged into a computer? It may be mounting the SD card as a drive on the computer, which unmounts it from your phone.
It should remount after you unplug it, but I can think of a few scenarios that could prevent that from happening.