Upgrade eligibility: 3rd party vs. Verizon corporate

vtnerd

Reaction score
I was trying to pursue the Letstalk.com deal and in doing so, stumbled across the upgrade eligibility checker on their website. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to make sure there are no snags later and their website says I am not eligible for an upgrade.

By comparison, the VZW website says I am eligible to "upgrade at a discounted price", but only on the primary (my) line. Specifically, the VZW site says "upgrade available on 5/17/12" and right below that it says "upgrade at a discounted price." When I look at potential phone upgrades on the VZW site, the prices I see are the prices I expect to see (new 4G phones like the RAZR are $300, iPhone 4s is $200, etc etc). The Nexus doesn't show up yet but I'm not expecting it to be any different.

Background info that might be relevant:
I signed an agreement in October 2010 for 2 lines and the official upgrade date shown on both sites (LetsTalk and Verizon) is the same, May 2012.

Can anyone shed some light on how things work? Do I dare try to order from LetsTalk.com or is my only choice to go straight through Verizon? No problem either way, just trying to understand my options and avoid making any mistakes that will lead to headaches. Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Thanks for your help.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Went through this in September you cannot upgrade anywhere but a Verizon corporate store or the Verizon website and you will need to pay a 35 dollar upgrade fee.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
That is completely wrong. I've upgraded two phones with wirefly.com. They check your eligibility then send the phone after it is approved by Verizon. Most third party phone sites have significant discounts as well. I got my Dinc2 for $50 when it was still $189.99 from Verizon.

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
V

vtnerd

Reaction score
Went through this in September you cannot upgrade anywhere but a Verizon corporate store or the Verizon website and you will need to pay a 35 dollar upgrade fee.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

This ended up being 100% accurate for me. Thanks.