Upgrading b/c of Contract w/in 2010

want a droid

Reaction score
So I posted a bit back ago about me upgrading and basically I talked about how:

• I'm eligible for upgrade 8/25/10
  • I'm under my Mom's main line (her upgrade isn't for a long time)
  • Therefore I figured I couldnt get an early upgrade that VZW said you could if your contract ended within 2010
On the website however, under my phone line it says, "Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 8/25/10. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price. Your contract end date is 12/25/10"

This means I could upgrade early correct?

If "Yes" to the above question;

• Can I order Droid X on the VZW site Thursday?
  • How would I do it on the website? Would they know through the website that I'm doing early upgrade?
Thanks to anyone who responds

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I just called my local Verizon store and the guy told me that since I'm a secondary line and not a primary line, I am not eligible for early upgrade for the Droid X.

:(

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I just called my local Verizon store and the guy told me that since I'm a secondary line and not a primary line, I am not eligible for early upgrade for the Droid X.

:(

Well, you can try to sweet talk into getting the phone, or you're gonna have to wait about 6 weeks when your contract is up. Is your contract up in August, or is that when you're eligible for an early upgrade?

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
I'm eligible for upgrade on 8/25/10 so I'll get my Droid X still pretty soon but I broke my LG Chocolate 3 last night by getting it wet so now I have to use this old phone I re-activated for like the next 6 weeks.

92slammer

Reaction score
yes you can get the droid x but it will have to be in store or over phone to use the "smartphone" upgrade deal.