Updating to 4.04 help

Jdt283

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but how do i install the leaked update from a rooted nexus with an unlocked bootloader? Do i just install it or do i have to wipe first?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but how do i install the leaked update from a rooted nexus with an unlocked bootloader? Do i just install it or do i have to wipe first?

you can flash the official .zip through clockwork recovery (as long as you're just rooted stock right now, and not on a custom rom), and then re-root it with this su.zip

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
you can flash the official .zip through clockwork recovery (as long as you're just rooted stock right now, and not on a custom rom), and then re-root it with this su.zip

do i install the su zip immediatley after i install the update?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
do i install the su zip immediatley after i install the update?

I did and it seemed to work fine. The system is in place, well mostly, after you flash the update, so it kinda makes sense.

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
I did and it seemed to work fine. The system is in place, well mostly, after you flash the update, so it kinda makes sense.

actually one more thing, did it wipe everything? i didnt want want to install everything again