Help, no idea what to do.

ObieNobie

Reaction score
So i am trying to get 4.04 on my Nexus. I am unlocked and rooted. To unlock i used SDK and to root i used the superboot. I am now launching CWM via fastboot but when i choose the update.zip (from this link) it started but then ends up going Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7). I have downloaded the update from multiple places to see if that works but i have no idea. I would prefer to stick with fastboot and not have to actually install CWM for this to work. Anyone know what I need to change? Been searching and trying things for about 2 hours now.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I'd just use wugs root tool and flash cwm. Why don't you want to put cwm on it? Then flash the 4.0.4 rom.

Also after you flash that rom you have to get the correct su.zip to keep root working properly. If you need that I'll direct you where to go. But I think its easiest just to use wugs and you shouldn't mess up and get any errors

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

MR H3LLMAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
goo-inside.me
Status 7 usually indicates that there is a problem with CWM. To flash a custom rom you pretty much have to have it. Not sure why you wouldn't want to flash it anyways as you can always Odin your phone back to stock with a stock recovery and re-lock your boot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums