Updating Superuser App

Reaction score
I just rooted my phone, and I read on here that I should update my superuser app, so i searched for it on the market and i found it, but everytime it goes to install it says "install unsuccessful". i tried again, and it said the same thing. what's wrong?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt superuser is on the market, if you just rooted your phone, you likely have a very new if not the newest version of superuser. I don't think theres a reason to worry.

OP
R
Reaction score
No it definitely is on the market.

[APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05] - xda-developers

that's the guy who made it apparently? (idk)

anyways, i was going to put this piece of code into my terminal emulator on my phone :

$ su
# (remount for your phone, Nexus One is 'mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system', other phones will use the same pattern, but may vary on the '/dev...' bit)
# rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
# pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
# (same remount command as above, but with 'remount,ro' instead of 'remount,rw')

The problem is im confused where he talks about how he knows the Nexus One mount, and that other phones patterns may vary.

He then proceeds to say this in the following paragraph :

"I make no guarantee that this will work on your particular setup, but I will try to help get it working. There's also the community that can help. Post your questions with logs here in the thread and we'll try to get you an answer. If your phone bursts into a ball of flame, I can't help at all. "

I personally don't want my phone to burst into a ball of flame, so i decided not to do it, unless someone can tell me the proper directory for a droid 2

doomedromance

Reaction score
To mount the /system on the droid2 do this:

mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

No it definitely is on the market.

[APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05] - xda-developers

that's the guy who made it apparently? (idk)

anyways, i was going to put this piece of code into my terminal emulator on my phone :

$ su
# (remount for your phone, Nexus One is 'mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system', other phones will use the same pattern, but may vary on the '/dev...' bit)
# rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
# pm uninstall com.noshufou.android.su
# (same remount command as above, but with 'remount,ro' instead of 'remount,rw')

The problem is im confused where he talks about how he knows the Nexus One mount, and that other phones patterns may vary.

He then proceeds to say this in the following paragraph :

"I make no guarantee that this will work on your particular setup, but I will try to help get it working. There's also the community that can help. Post your questions with logs here in the thread and we'll try to get you an answer. If your phone bursts into a ball of flame, I can't help at all. "

I personally don't want my phone to burst into a ball of flame, so i decided not to do it, unless someone can tell me the proper directory for a droid 2