Problem rooting D2 after GB Update (Think it's superuser) HELPPPP

Newworld

Reaction score
I know you guys have heard this before but I'd appreciate it if someone could help. I too let my phone update without unrooting it and WHAM....you know the rest. I refreshed my phone and tried to root again by using the zroot4 and superuser but there appears to be a problem with both apps on my phone. Was able to remove the zroot4 app but can't delete and reinstall the superuser app. I get the following message and don't know how to correct. It reads as follows:

"An error occurred and su was not updated. A zip file (su 2.3.1-bin-signed.zip) has been placed on your sd card. Please reboot into recovery mode & flash it to update your su binary". Not sure how to get into recovery mode and flash

If there is an easier way to fix this problem, it would be much appreciated if you could provide steps.

Thanks

OP
N

Newworld

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply KingLo. Had 2 problems with the install. 1) I think I have the right drivers already installed on my pc but I could not install your Motorola drivers. Received the following message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type". I'm running xp...........don't understand that one. 2) when I try to start the 1 Click application, it says "Waiting for your phone to be connected". I have my droid 2 plugged in and it connected to the pc. for Charge only and usb debugging is checked. Any suggestions?

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply KingLo. Had 2 problems with the install. 1) I think I have the right drivers already installed on my pc but I could not install your Motorola drivers. Received the following message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type". I'm running xp...........don't understand that one. 2) when I try to start the 1 Click application, it says "Waiting for your phone to be connected". I have my droid 2 plugged in and it connected to the pc. for Charge only and usb debugging is checked. Any suggestions?

I would SBF back to Froyo, then reupdate, then use Droid3 1-click easy root.

OP
N

Newworld

Reaction score
I'm sort of new to this but willing to try. Can anyone tell me how to SBF back to Froyo?

KingLo

Reaction score
Either you have an old pc, or you're not updating windows as you should, or you have a trojan blocking everything you do.

OP
N

Newworld

Reaction score
Either you have an old pc, or you're not updating windows as you should, or you have a trojan blocking everything you do.

pc is kind of old....5 years. Tried the 1 click on my 2 year old Dell Laptop. When I plugged the phone into the pc it couldn't install/locate the the drivers. Could the gb update have caused that? COuls it be that windows installer is not working ? I tried to locate that on my pc but couldn't. I'd appreciate any help from you guys.

OP
N

Newworld

Reaction score
pc is kind of old....5 years. Tried the 1 click on my 2 year old Dell Laptop. When I plugged the phone into the pc it couldn't install/locate the the drivers. Could the gb update have caused that? COuls it be that windows installer is not working ? I tried to locate that on my pc but couldn't. I'd appreciate any help from you guys.

OK. I was able to make a little progress. I think there was something wrong with my drivers that I corrected. I can open the Motorola Driver Installation file but where (what folder) do I extract the drivers to?

When I use the 1-click, it still says "waiting for the phone to connect". The phone is in charge mode only and is disables all anti-virus programs. Windows updates are current. Any suggestions...?

slowtype

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty with this too.

It hangs at the part that says rebooting your phone, and the phone says bootloader D2.37 battery OK OK to program Transfer Mode: USB

Phone is stock and has been stock with OTA GB update

Vortec6

Reaction score
Glad I didn't jump into re-rooting my d2! Can't wait for the awesome person(s) that get this fully figured out. I. Need. Root.