1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Updated2] [Rumor] Leaked HQ Pics & Specs of the Motorola X Phone Show-Up

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 3, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

We are calling this X Phone story a rumor for now, but it is very likely to be the real deal. An asian (Tinhte.tn) site recently put up new leaked pics of a Motorola device claiming it is the new X Phone. What is amazing about this leak is the high quality of the pics. Unlike yesterday's Mr. Blurrycam shots of a phone inside an ugly protective case, we have some full on hi-res views of the phone fully naked without the outer casing.

[​IMG]

Right off the bat some pretty amazing things stand out. First, this device appears to have a nearly bezel-free design and the display stretches for a large percentage of the front. Second, the back of the device shows off a much larger and likely more capable camera lens than we usually see on Moto devices. The leaked nudie didn't come with any details, but here's what was shared in a separate report from 9to5Google,
    • 4.7 inch Display diagonally
    • 32GB of internal storage
    • 2GB of RAM
    • Nearly stock version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    • Will ship with protective skins available in as many as 25 different customizable colors
    • 4G LTE and will ship for all four major US carriers
    Obviously the pics aren't faked, unless they are the best fakes ever. It is still possible this is some device other than the X Phone, but that is seeming more and more unlikely now. The specs seem pretty legit as well based upon what we have heard previously. Of course, that part could be bogus too. For the most part it looks like the final vision of the device is coming to fruition. If this is the next X Phone, it looks pretty ready for mass production. We are likely to see something about this at Google I/O in a couple of weeks.

Sound off with your opinion on this intel.

Update: It appears that 9to5Google recently updated their story. They have been asked to remove the pictures. (They didn't specify who asked them, but we can probably guess.) If true, this only ads further legitimacy to this rumor and builds more anticipation for this device...

Update 2: We did some more digging after realizing we may have seen this device before back in March from the same site. It's possible this story is a red herring and will simply lead us to distraction, so keep that in mind.
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Not really impressed... following htc with a speaker in the front is a very good move.. the rear speaker always annoyed me... and the rear of the phone resembles an HTC as well... but looks good overall

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  3. Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution New Member

In the first picture something about the upper left hand side of the screen doesn't look right. Look at where the carrier's name starts and the portion of the screen by the guy's thumb. Anyway, the device looks nice. I am worried that I see some blur widgets and an icon or two that this won't be 100% Google influenced. After using the Gnex and enjoying it's freedom it's either 100% stock Google Android or nothing. This could be the greatest phone on earth, but I've been burned by the Bionic so I won't forget it Moto.
  4. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

It may be a decent phone if it stays off verizon.
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

This looks like the next Atrix.
  6. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Indeed. pc747 suggested just yesterday that this will simply be the next Atrix device, and we are inclined to agree with him. We will keep an eye out for any confirmation one way or the other and let you guys know.
  7. EyeOWA

EyeOWA Member

March 13 is the date on the phone. If it was "hot" information, wouldnt a date within the past few days be more appropriate?
  8. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE New Member

No trace of a keyboard. Until I see an option for a qwerty keyboard, m'eh. :p
  9. Vepaot

Vepaot Active Member

Waiting for Google I/O is like waiting for Christmas as a kid. There are things I NEED to know right now.

All of these rumors are only making the anticipation harder.
  10. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Not big enough! :D
  11. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

I think the most interesting thing about this device is the back...the shape is nice, and to think that it's filled with a massive battery and a larger space for a truly decent camera sensor and quality lens has me very curious. Not that I'd buy this device, but I love the forced hand of innovation across the platform making everyone step up their game.

I fear your life will be filled with disappointment.
  12. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

I can tell you DEFINITIVELY that this is not the new X, based on one very simple observation:

I DID NOT INSTANTLY burst into flames when I looked at it.

If I can comfortably gaze at the device it is just an ordinary ("meh") phone. I'll know the X when I see it. Of course, I have another, somewhat visceral way of describing how I'll "know it when I see it" but because this is a family-oriented forum I won't go there. ;)

-Matt
  13. hotice

hotice New Member

I like it!

I'd rather have kevlar but plastic is better than metal.
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  14. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I highly doubt this is the X Phone. I can't see Google and Motorola letting anything leak out on the X Phone right now. I'm sticking with my early "prediction." This phone is one of the handsets that was already in the pipeline and NOT the X Phone.
  15. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

You are correct CK, this phone is not one of mine.

[​IMG]
  16. cybertec69

cybertec69 Well-Known Member

Where do you see a front speaker, from the pics it looks to be in the back of the phone, next to the lens.
  17. sweeeeet

Yea I guess that could be it... time will tell where it is but probably in the back... although they really should move them to the front

18. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

I'm still pretty puzzled by the recent "not wow" soundbite, i.e., Google's CFO says Motorola's products aren't 'wow' by Google standards (update) | The Verge. It doesn't entirely surprise me that Google -- after "inheriting" Motorola's designs -- would want to flush them out the pipeline, or even that the Google CFO would openly admit it (though, didn't they do some major spin-control afterwards?). What DOES surprise is the implied hype, i.e., "OUR NEWEST PHONES WILL BLOW YOU AWAY." Hence my joking about the not-X-phone. It seems out of character for Google to so blithely go the Samsung -- this phone will CHANGE your life!!! -- route. Either they suck at marketing, or just maybe, they will deliver on that promise.

So my fingers are crossed that the X will really be something new and different. Of course, I have the odd feeling I've been in this situation before...

View attachment 62656

-Matt
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  19. sweeeeet

I don't buy the "this phone will blow you away" nonsense... months later either them or another competitor will make something a little better... that's just how its been and will be for a while ... but I'm all for innovation so let's see what they produce

20. droidbionicmaster

droidbionicmaster New Member

They are getting it the big red is a major us carrier so they will see it. I'm guessing it's a unlocked hand set

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
Search tags for this page

df(x) hq pictures

motorola
motorola droidx rumors
motorola nxt
motorola x leaked specs
motorola x phone

motorola x phone specifications

motorola x phone specs may

motorola x pic

motorola x rumors? forums