[Updated] The LTE Galaxy Nexus for $199????

DamirD1984

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter now... that very well as previously posted, could have been just an BF deal...

I mean, why would Verizon want to competitively price their phones now with ATT and Sprint? We already pay higher monthly premiums as it is, for the better service. Is it that the ATRIX 2 on day one was available for mere $100, while the Bionic was $300? The Motorola Photon for $200, while the Bionic was $300? The Atrix 2, Photon, are very similarly specced, yet so much cheaper... Is it that in a lot of ways, the superior SGS2 variants on other carriers have been available for some time, to the latest Motorola's Bionic, Razr, on Verizon, for once again cheaper than Verizon offerings? Why now, would Verizon want to price their phones accordingly to the competition?

I have a few buddies who have left Verizon for ATT or Sprint, due to the more expensive and less superior devices that Verizon has been offering for like the past 12 months... Maybe they are loosing some costumers due to that, since not everyone on Verizon needs the extra coverage, where 90% of us never go on daily basis, or never would go... and don't mind switching for a bit of a lesser coverage areas, in order to get the way better phones that are available on other carriers at this time... like the nice looking Epic 4g Touch on Sprint, or the Skyrocket on ATT, which are very similarly specced to the SGN for less money, and some argue better specced :) That if the Nexus goes on sale for $300

Last edited:

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Found my new phone :)

[ ] Motorola Droid: Miui 1.9.30 (BROKEN)
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: Miui 1.11.9 ICS
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

gthotie5

Reaction score
16gb is enough for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
16gb is enough for me.

Ditto..remember when phones had no storage? Its amazing i cant believe we all survived! Seriously tho.. id never fill 16gb and if i did by that time its time to either move stuff to a hard drive or delete useless crap anyway..

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
16gb is enough for me.

I won't have a problem with 16 GB's either, however, by the time I get my upgrade, they'll probably be off the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I won't have a problem with 16 GB's either, however, by the time I get my upgrade, they'll probably be off the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Haha. Im in the same boat. In fact i like my phone so much i may keep it past the upgrade. These things are too expensive to just toss aside a perfectly well working device just to purchase another for a small fortune. Thats just my opinion however.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter now... that very well as previously posted, could have been just an BF deal...

I mean, why would Verizon want to competitively price their phones now with ATT and Sprint? We already pay higher monthly premiums as it is, for the better service. Is it that the ATRIX 2 on day one was available for mere $100, while the Bionic was $300? The Motorola Photon for $200, while the Bionic was $300? The Atrix 2, Photon, are very similarly specced, yet so much cheaper... Is it that in a lot of ways, the superior SGS2 variants on other carriers have been available for some time, to the latest Motorola's Bionic, Razr, on Verizon, for once again cheaper than Verizon offerings? Why now, would Verizon want to price their phones accordingly to the competition?

I have a few buddies who have left Verizon for ATT or Sprint, due to the more expensive and less superior devices that Verizon has been offering for like the past 12 months... Maybe they are loosing some costumers due to that, since not everyone on Verizon needs the extra coverage, where 90% of us never go on daily basis, or never would go... and don't mind switching for a bit of a lesser coverage areas, in order to get the way better phones that are available on other carriers at this time... like the nice looking Epic 4g Touch on Sprint, or the Skyrocket on ATT, which are very similarly specced to the SGN for less money, and some argue better specced :) That if the Nexus goes on sale for $300

Why not use a regular cell phone then if reception isn't a requirement for your cellular provider. The "This phone is SO much better, yet NOT carried by Verizon, let alone supporting VZW LTE..." is absolutely ridiculous. This is DROIDFORUMS.NET home to the discussion of the Droid and Droid branded phones on the VZW network isn't it? I'm a Verizon and I'd be willing to say a MAJORITY of the members are here and probably for good reason. I travel a lot for work. I need reception wherever I go. Saying that there are "better" phones on other networks is absolutely irrelevant. Better, has non quantifiable factors in this case immediately rendering the point moot. The entire thing comes down to usability and quality of service.

In order for specs, benchmarks, etc., to mean anything both hardware and software need to be the same. In case you haven't been paying attention since VZW came into existence, they use CDMA technology and now LTE in some but not all of their new handsets. With that being sending comparing specs on phones not available is totally pointless. If specs and and price are all that matter to you and your friends why not just carry laptops and a traditional "dumb phone?" Then you could take all the money you'd save by not having to pay for data, mobile hotspot, etc. and constantly upgrade your laptop to have the newest Inteli7, with USB3.0 etc.,top of the line specs and still not get cellular coverage. Same thing and a better investment IMO.

That's where usability and quality of service come into play. I am offered products with good battery life, call quality, coverage, etc., at a price point that doesn't bother me. The fact the a product with arguably "better specs," (which as mentioned above are just numbers which have no TRUE empirical significance) is available on another network doesn't matter. Take those "better specs," and put a VZW LTE radio in the chip-set and then we can compare things. Who knows maybe the GSII didn't come to VZW because it's processor didn't agree with VZW LTE radios? Maybe Samsung didn't want to spend the extra cash to develop an LTE smartphone when their is only one major provider with the technology. If a product isn't an option because of usability does it really matter? NO. Would you take a brand new laptop and use a dial-up modem?

In short if it's not on VZW it's pretty pointless to discuss it because it's like comparing apples to oranges.