update????

leftspin

Reaction score
I doubt there will be another update for the Droid X. If there is it won't be a significant change.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. Hell, I was surprised when it got the last one, although .621 has mainly just been a pain.

X

abwatson

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know where i can download the latest update for DROID X or even an SBF... i'm desperate.
Thank you very much!

Natey2

Reaction score
I agree. Hell, I was surprised when it got the last one, although .621 has mainly just been a pain.

X

I agree. Maybe .621 was Verizon's last ditch effort to coerce DroidX owners to upgrade to a new phone :^)
I suppose they could make things worse for us...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know where i can download the latest update for DROID X or even an SBF... i'm desperate.
Thank you very much!

Check my signature and use the second link.

X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. Maybe .621 was Verizon's last ditch effort to coerce DroidX owners to upgrade to a new phone :^)
I suppose they could make things worse for us...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
Well, my upgrade is tomorrow... and I'll be ditching the X for a new phone.

I agree. I think the .621 update probably was because of Verizon. Why else would a manufacturer feel the need to push an update to an almost 2 year old phone and lock it down even further? The bug fixes that it had have been issues since the beginning of GB for the X and thy didn't seem to care to fix those before... I'm just glad for others sake that have taken the update that there is a way they can still root and ROM.

X

leftspin

Reaction score
Well, my upgrade is tomorrow... and I'll be ditching the X for a new phone.

I agree. I think the .621 update probably was because of Verizon. Why else would a manufacturer feel the need to push an update to an almost 2 year old phone and lock it down even further? The bug fixes that it had have been issues since the beginning of GB for the X and thy didn't seem to care to fix those before... I'm just glad for others sake that have taken the update that there is a way they can still root and ROM.

X

What phone are you switching to? I've been putting off using my update for a while now because nothing has really wowed me enough to make me wanna spend 200 dollars on it

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever I can get cheapest. I'm moving and need to buy a laptop also. I'm not going with the Nexus since I can't use it as a USB mass storage device in my truck for music.

None of the current phones really wow me either, butI want to get a new phone because of Verizon getting rid of unlimited data plans in June if you upgrade after a certain date. That and my X is getting old hardware wise. I've been having issues with it lately...

Edit: and of course, there aren't any sales or anything right now, so whatever I get is gonna be 200 bucks... figures. Plus the stupid $30 upgrade fee.

X

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
Well let me know what you get and how you like it if you could... I'm also trying to get my update in before it'll make me lose the unlimited data, but I just don't know what to get

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well let me know what you get and how you like it if you could... I'm also trying to get my update in before it'll make me lose the unlimited data, but I just don't know what to get

Yessir, I will. Whatever I get, I want to have a good amount of development. My friend got the Rezound and she really likes it. Sense seems to be a nice UI in the latest versions. I have another friend that him and his dad got Razr's. The build quality on them is nice, but I hate Blur and the bootloader...

X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the RAZR since it was $99. We'll see how it goes. I plan on rooting when I pull it out of the box and charge it lol.

I was able to keep my unlimited data.

X

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
When I upgraded from the X I went with the Razr and I love it. Just as with any phone I'm sure you can find some positive or negative feedback on it,but for me it was a very smooth transistion from the X to the Razr.

Irontyke

Reaction score
I went to a Razr Maxx a week ago. Loved the X, love the Maxx even more.