update>

americanz

Reaction score
i just got an email form moto about a soak test for the d2. not sure what they are doing. but i will be sure to follow up

OP
americanz

americanz

Reaction score
Same here was hoping to get an answer here lol.

well keep us posted. i will not be able to get mine as i dont have this phone hooked up and it will not accept ota unless active

wooddale

Reaction score
well keep us posted. i will not be able to get mine as i dont have this phone hooked up and it will not accept ota unless active

Its my wifes phone Its bone stock but it is rooted so I foreverooted it for her it always worked for me on the Bionic. Worst case Ill unroot it and get update she dont use anything anyway. I think it will work though because most times all you do is loose root anyway.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would be worried about downloading the update since there are barely any developers left on the D2, and gaining root again may be a problem.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

wooddale

Reaction score
I would be worried about downloading the update since there are barely any developers left on the D2, and gaining root again may be a problem.

Like I said I foreverooted they say that works always worked on Bionic and if it dont there are still ways to root. Besides she doesnt use anything I only rooted it because I could lol. I dont think Moto much cares about rooting the D2 anymore they are letting up on all the phones. they know the devs are gonna figure it out sooner or later so whats the point

OP
americanz

americanz

Reaction score
download it and dont install it. grab the file and post it up here if you would. i would like to have it to play with.

wooddale

Reaction score
download it and dont install it. grab the file and post it up here if you would. i would like to have it to play with.

Will do if it will let me. Thought I was locked out of forum like they do for soaks but the forum was just screwed up lol.

nhra1ss

Reaction score

No developers left? Maybe look in the hacks/rom section. Or go to xda. Lots of mods still around and help to find. I just rooted mine last fall and installed MIUI rom about a month ago. Also been using v6 supercharger from xda. You just have to look :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
No developers left? Maybe look in the hacks/rom section. Or go to xda. Lots of mods still around and help to find. I just rooted mine last fall and installed MIUI rom about a month ago. Also been using v6 supercharger from xda. You just have to look :)

+1 where there is a will there is a way

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This update is probably to fix the Android market links in Gingerblur if I had to guess anything.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
This update is probably to fix the Android market links in Gingerblur if I had to guess anything.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Just wondering its not my phone but my wife says she has problems with it dropping calls when shes got the damn thing stuck to her face trying to do something is that a problem or just operator error

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Just wondering its not my phone but my wife says she has problems with it dropping calls when shes got the damn thing stuck to her face trying to do something is that a problem or just operator error

That might be her resting the phone between her cheek and shoulder, then the phone slips and the light sensor is no longer covered. Consequently the phone screen turns on and her cheek can hit the end call or mute button.

This has happened to me quite often. Maybe make sure she covers the light sensor the whole time and make some calls. See if it goes away.

wooddale

Reaction score
That might be her resting the phone between her cheek and shoulder, then the phone slips and the light sensor is no longer covered. Consequently the phone screen turns on and her cheek can hit the end call or mute button.

This has happened to me quite often. Maybe make sure she covers the light sensor the whole time and make some calls. See if it goes away.

Thanks Zom I thought it might be that I had a D2 and never had the problem

Z

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If anyone keeps root after updating please post the build.prop so we can take a look at it