Update for LapDock?

naknak95

Reaction score
Is there going to be any updates for the LapDock? I have the 100 and was reading somewhere about specific applications for it. Are there already applications designed for the LapDock? Thanks in advance!

yaterml

Reaction score
ICS is supposed to have an update to Webtop which is the application used for the lapdock. It's a brand new ui.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yea, I'm hoping that they would make specific apps for the Lapdock that we can have on the desktop, kind of like a regular Android app, but not in Mobile View mode.

From the look of things via the leak, it appears that they've completely changed Webtop to essentially be a ICS tablet interface. Kind of like the Asus PadFone, but in a laptop rather than a tablet.

Here's a video of the new interface.

Last edited:

mcsoul

Reaction score
He said they got rid of firefox! That would prevent me from upgrading, I need full webtop firefox for work.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
He said they got rid of firefox! That would prevent me from upgrading, I need full webtop firefox for work.

The rumor was that they'd be replacing Firefox with Chrome (which would make sense). If it is just running the tablet version of ICS now, I'm wondering if we'll even see any apps specifically for Webtop beyond the normal Android apps. Will it have a desktop-caliber browser like before or just run tablet-apps?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rumor was that they'd be replacing Firefox with Chrome (which would make sense). If it is just running the tablet version of ICS now, I'm wondering if we'll even see any apps specifically for Webtop beyond the normal Android apps. Will it have a desktop-caliber browser like before or just run tablet-apps?

This is a great point. I think the leak we saw was obviously not a final version. They are probably still getting Chrome to run in the webtop, and it will be in the final release.