Lapdock 100 vs. 500

Majozak

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm picking up a Lapdock 100 tonight for $60 and am comptemplating getting a Lapdock 500 eventually.

For folks that have used both of these Lapdocks, what opinions do any of you have in support of one Lapdock over the other?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
In my opinion, the only thing the 100 has over the 500 Pro is the size. If you're looking for ultimate portability, the 100 is smaller and lighter. Beyond that, the 500 Pro kills the 100 with everything it offers - full-size keyboard, larger trackpad, webcam, SD card reader, ethernet port (that supports power-over-ethernet), VGA port, larger battery, 3.5mm headphone jack, and better build quality.

OP
M

Majozak

Reaction score
In my opinion, the only thing the 100 has over the 500 Pro is the size. If you're looking for ultimate portability, the 100 is smaller and lighter. Beyond that, the 500 Pro kills the 100 with everything it offers - full-size keyboard, larger trackpad, webcam, SD card reader, ethernet port (that supports power-over-ethernet), VGA port, larger battery, 3.5mm headphone jack, and better build quality.

Thanks for the feedback...I have a question for you though.

I'm finding that as I'm using the Lapdock 100 that it's kind of glitchy. If I type fast enough on the QuickOffice Word document, I can make it crash. I've successfully crashed it multiple times in a row by doing this. Also, I've had it glitch and close my e-mail drafts as I'm switching between tabs.

I'm wondering if you've experienced this and if you have experienced this with the Lapdock 500.

I can see why this may not have caught on if this is typical with these lapdocks. However, once the glitches are worked out, I can see this being very standard in consumer's homes.

I also thought it was a bummer that you can't run music or YouTube videos in the background and do other tasks.

Mike