Update 2.3.3 causing screen crop/right margin misalignment?? Plus other issues

End0

Reaction score
Yesterday my phone found the new droid system update 2.3.3 and I am having several issues now.

First: There are several apps (such as Pocket Empires) that the right margin is not calibrated properly now. I am missing about 1/4 inch of the screen on the right side that I cannot see.

Second: My live wallpaper (Nexus) automatically is reset to a standard brick wallpaper after about 10 minutes roughly. I have tried setting other live wallpapers with the same result.

Third: This may not be related to the update, but my phone randomly starts playing audio files stored on my memory card. The phone tries playing the files but only plays roughly 1-2 seconds of the audio then the player disappears, making it near impossible for me to try and pause or stop the audio, but then after a few seconds it tries playing audio again. This happens every time I plug in headphones, and has also happened twice within the last 24 hours where the phone is locked and in my pocket.

Any suggestions? The most important issue I would say is the screen margin issue for apps. I have also posted this identical thread in the tech support forum as well and any solutions that arise I will transfer to here for others to reference if they have any of these issues. Thanks to all those who may help.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yesterday my phone found the new droid system update 2.3.3 and I am having several issues now.

First: There are several apps (such as Pocket Empires) that the right margin is not calibrated properly now. I am missing about 1/4 inch of the screen on the right side that I cannot see.

Second: My live wallpaper (Nexus) automatically is reset to a standard brick wallpaper after about 10 minutes roughly. I have tried setting other live wallpapers with the same result.

Third: This may not be related to the update, but my phone randomly starts playing audio files stored on my memory card. The phone tries playing the files but only plays roughly 1-2 seconds of the audio then the player disappears, making it near impossible for me to try and pause or stop the audio, but then after a few seconds it tries playing audio again. This happens every time I plug in headphones, and has also happened twice within the last 24 hours where the phone is locked and in my pocket.

Any suggestions? The most important issue I would say is the screen margin issue for apps. I have also posted this identical thread in the tech support forum as well and any solutions that arise I will transfer to here for others to reference if they have any of these issues. Thanks to all those who may help.
Well, the first thing I would try is turn your phone off, pull the battery, let sit without battery for at least 1 minute, replace battery and reboot. It sounds as if you've checked all your settings, so if after checking your settings again and you still have those issues I would do a factory reset...yeah, I know, PITA!!

OP
E

End0

Reaction score
Well, the first thing I would try is turn your phone off, pull the battery, let sit without battery for at least 1 minute, replace battery and reboot. It sounds as if you've checked all your settings, so if after checking your settings again and you still have those issues I would do a factory reset...yeah, I know, PITA!!

I've done literally everything but the factory reset. I think I have enough cause to get an exchange from verizon at this point unless there's a simpler solution...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've done literally everything but the factory reset. I think I have enough cause to get an exchange from verizon at this point unless there's a simpler solution...
I would bet that if you take your phone back to Verizon (an I'm not saying you shouldn't) that is the first thing they will do. And if that fixes the issue they will just hand the phone back to you and say "there you go". Unfortunately, you still have to go through the process of setting everything back up again...but the issues have been resolved :biggrin:

OP
E

End0

Reaction score
I would bet that if you take your phone back to Verizon (an I'm not saying you shouldn't) that is the first thing they will do. And if that fixes the issue they will just hand the phone back to you and say "there you go". Unfortunately, you still have to go through the process of setting everything back up again...but the issues have been resolved :biggrin:

I just did a factory reset with no resolution. So I went to verizon and they are sending me a replacement phone overnight. I highly doubt this will fix the margin calibration issue I am having with certain apps but at least my phone won't start playing music randomly when its in my pocket lol.

If anyone finds a solution to the screen margin/crop issue I am still having please let me know....unfortunately I have a feeling the only thing that will solve it is a new phone...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just did a factory reset with no resolution. So I went to verizon and they are sending me a replacement phone overnight. I highly doubt this will fix the margin calibration issue I am having with certain apps but at least my phone won't start playing music randomly when its in my pocket lol.

If anyone finds a solution to the screen margin/crop issue I am still having please let me know....unfortunately I have a feeling the only thing that will solve it is a new phone...
Good luck End0, I hope the new phone will solve the problems.

OP
E

End0

Reaction score
Good luck End0, I hope the new phone will solve the problems.

Thanks, even tho im pretty skeptical...I think its just this model phone that has the issue with certain apps margin settings=screen size. Ill get the replacement phone probably Tuesday, I'll post a follow-up then.