Unwanted downloads

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by DAWHIPPA, Jun 17, 2014.

1. DAWHIPPA

DAWHIPPA New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a android galaxy note 3 and a little while ago I was going through my phone and there was a picture of a half naked chick in a new folder called "attachments" along side the basic ones such as "auto backup and camera shots" what could have caused this?. I haven't opened any attachment's via email anything thing else. At the same time, had a couple apps download without my permission also. Im pretty sure the app's downloaded from some type of malware. Could it be responsible for the picture also? Have I been hacked? I have a gf and don't need naked chicks and strange apps showing up on my phone.

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the forum,
    Yes, malware could be the cause. What anti virus app do you have installed, if any? You may want to look at the malwarebytes app on the Store for a solution.

3. DAWHIPPA

DAWHIPPA New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't installed any new anti virus so what ever if any came out of the factory
    Also thank you for welcoming me.

#3 DAWHIPPA, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. mslaceyrose

mslaceyrose Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Hi, DAWHIPPA
    Here's a link to the app leeshor recommened. Install it and run it. If it finds malware on your device, it will remove it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware