unrooted

dustinweim

Reaction score
how do i know for sure that i am not rooted any more, the superuser is gone my build# is ese81 and firmware is 2.1-update1
is this right

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I've heard about pieces of custom roms getting left behind. This thread is relavent to my interests. If this is true, how can you be sure that they are gone also?

cromo8

Reaction score
go through your sd card, look at all files and folders make sure nothing is left on it, such as clockwork mod, nandroid and such

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I mean in the phone's main storage? If I go through it now, I can still see parts of BB in there, even though I'm running simply stunning. And I did wipe data and cache before the update. I'm not trying to go stock at the moment, but I may need to one day. Thanks :D

cromo8

Reaction score
if you are looking to go to stock ever, and you want to wipe everyhting just a master reset, will delete everything and do complete stock

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Are you certain? It will send it back to the exact state as when I took it outta the box? No pieces of files? No root? Ready to go back to verizon?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
power off the phone > slide open the keyboard > hold the "x" button while turning the phone on > continue to hold the "x" until it starts the bootloader > use the volume keys to scroll down to factory reset > hit the camera button to select it

cromo8

Reaction score
power off the phone > slide open the keyboard > hold the "x" button while turning the phone on > continue to hold the "x" until it starts the bootloader > use the volume keys to scroll down to factory reset > hit the camera button to select it

and yes im sure it will be ready to go back to verizon if needed

ChugIt

Reaction score
No not if you have your contacts synced with your Gmail. If you're going back to stock wipe cache and reset 2x to make sure. I've read that here and there in many places so I figured I'd mention it. I don't entirely know if that is really true though. As a matter of fact: Does anyone know if the double wipe actually does anything different than one?