1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unroot droid 2!!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by programming_rookie, May 7, 2011.

1. programming_rookie

programming_rookie New Member

I rooted my droid 2 (r2d2 edition) using z4root and i installed a custom rom (Liberty 2.0.1). Im not having any issues but if i needed to take my phone to verizon i know i would have to unroot it. Here is the issue i did not back up my default rom. Is there any way possible i can restore the original rom so i can unroot my device whenever i need to. PLEASE HELP!!! I DONT WANT TO BE STUCK WITH THIS ROM FOR THE REST OF MY TWO YEAR CONTRACT..
  2. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Your only option without a backup is to SBF. That will put you back to non-rooted stock. As for being stuck.....your not....you can always flash another ROM.
  3. programming_rookie

programming_rookie New Member

Is their a way to specifically sbf for the r2d2 Droid 2 or will the D2 sbf do that