Unresponsive Keyboard

jfrost1920

Reaction score
This is happening over and over again. When I go to enter text, in any area of my phone, the keyboard becomes unresponsive. The letters come up, or the swype lines are drawn. The predictive text come up. I get the feedback vibrations. Everything works just like I am typing, but no letters get entered on the screen. Everything seems to be working fine, there are just no letters coming up on the screen. This happens in Swype or stock keyboard. I can switch back and forth, but nothing fixes it. I have done battery pulls and power cycles. It fixes the problem temporarily but it comes back eventually. Anyone else have this problem? It really sucks getting texts and not being able to respond without turning my phone off. It happens all the time!!!

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
Strange.. I have had this happen a lot in mms apps but usually backing ALL the way out to the home screen will fix it... sorry I cant help, I would like to know what causes this as well

Technoman

Reaction score
I have had it happen a few times, and all I had to do was click in the text entry area and it started working fine. I figured it must have been caused by me hitting the screen elsewhere.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a slight delay from time to time where I swype the word, it sits there for a second, then types it out all at once. But I haven't seen anything like this until now.

Are you themed or anything? Or just stock?

OP
J

jfrost1920

Reaction score
I am totally stock, but researching rooting. This sucks big time. I can click in the text entry area, and it responds, but when I go to type, nothing appears on the screen. The keyboard works, at least it ACTS like it is working. There is just no text appearing on the screen. It isn't keyboard related I don't think because it does it with both keyboards. And I cant say its app related because it does this same thing in EVERY text entry box whether that is in the market, gmail, text messaging, wherever. I am so mad now, it is kindof funny. I get a text and have to friggin power cycle my phone to respond. Not every time, but enough to make a guy really upset. I have THE BADDEST phone on the market and cant friggin respond to a text message. (Also my alarm clock fails to work once or twice every two weeks which has pushed me almost to my breaking point. But that is for another post...) I love my phone, but its a love/hate relationship.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am totally stock, but researching rooting. This sucks big time. I can click in the text entry area, and it responds, but when I go to type, nothing appears on the screen. The keyboard works, at least it ACTS like it is working. There is just no text appearing on the screen. It isn't keyboard related I don't think because it does it with both keyboards. And I cant say its app related because it does this same thing in EVERY text entry box whether that is in the market, gmail, text messaging, wherever. I am so mad now, it is kindof funny. I get a text and have to friggin power cycle my phone to respond. Not every time, but enough to make a guy really upset. I have THE BADDEST phone on the market and cant friggin respond to a text message. (Also my alarm clock fails to work once or twice every two weeks which has pushed me almost to my breaking point. But that is for another post...) I love my phone, but its a love/hate relationship.

Well don't go to the breaking point my friend. If you search through these forums you'll see just how many issues people are having. Some self inflicted and others just phone malfunction.

I could tell you to go through your applications and clear cache or go into SPR and clear everything but I'm not too sure that will solve it.

I honestly would call the warranty number (should be preloaded on your phone) and address the issue. They will most likely send you a new phone. You can keep your SD card and run backup assistant when you receive it. Then all that's left is setting up icons and widgets.

Sounds like a software issue. Hope someone else replies with any easier fix, but your phone is under warranty for a year:)

Good luck!

OP
J

jfrost1920

Reaction score
I just hate calling Customer Service. Do you know that when they can't answer a question, they come to these forums? The gal I talked to last time was telling me some stuff and I told her it seemed really familiar. I asked where she was getting this info and she was just surfing the forums! So most of the time, you can save the phone call and just look yourself!!

But back to the issue: I actually started deleting apps I had downloaded to see if I could pin point it. The first one to go was Apps2SD. You know what. I haven't had the problem again. Could just be a coincidence, but after I deleted it, my phone has been working perfectly. It hasn't messed up once since my last post. And that is a LONG LONG time!!! It was locking up basically every other time i would go to enter text. And that was no matter how many times I pulled the battery and restarted the phone. So maybe that one app was running and screwing with the phone. I don't know. Its seems to be working again though!

EDIT: Nevermind. The phone is still doing it. Today more than ever. What is causing this!! I have had to reboot 5 times today in order to respond to a text!!

Last edited: