Unrealistic Expectations for Moto Droid?

mjs31

Reaction score
Bought mine release day at 7am and have had 0 issues. It has actually exceeded my expectations. If you think the Eris suits you give it a try. I could not go that route after having the Droid this long. Trust me, and I am sure most others (have not read the posts), your issues are not common. Best phone I have ever owned and I have tried most including the Iphone 3GS (had to throw that in just in case)

bananazx

Reaction score
If it's not battery, then try to use bone stock without any added applications and if it works OK then install one a day. This will isolate the cause if there are any application issue.

OP
AzDroidFan

AzDroidFan

Reaction score
Thanks, all. Don't want to "jinx" anything, but my Droid's been doing OK since my last post in this thread. Maybe I scared it into submission!

Seriously, the new battery comes soon and will try it. If I get any weirdness, I'll do the suggestion of going to stock apps. and then adding one by one every day. I guess, I could also replace the stock wall charger.

The only thing different about my car chargers is that instead of replacing them (I like their solid Motorola construction), I got two Motorola stock "mini" to "micro" USB connectors to make the jump from my previous MotoKrzr to the Droid. You don't suppose using those modified car chargers could have caused any of the freeze ups?

p.s. - I refused the delivery of the Eris and had it returned to Verizon.

insane_ai

Reaction score
I suggest that anyone reading this with a similar issue goes into a Verizon storefront. It is my experience that you get better results with less arguing, especially on a busy Saturday afternoon when there are a lot of people around to hear what is going on.

OP
AzDroidFan

AzDroidFan

Reaction score
Thanks all! The new battery is doing well and no issues. I used the charger in my wife's car and had a "hiccup", so new OEM charger for her car is on the way.

Paraphrase: "If three handsets have the same issue, maybe it's not the handset at all. Maybe it's something that is staying the same across the handsets like the battery and/or charger(s)." Hopefully this good deduction will help some others as it did me.

This forum is the best!

Daywalker

Reaction score
Loose weather bug get weather channel

Weather bug has always been nothing but trouble

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loose weather bug get weather channel

Weather bug has always been nothing but trouble

Fact - Weather Bug caused problems on PC one of the first spyware products.

Fact - Caused Problems with the Blackberry Storm

I Think- I'd stay far away from anything that says Weather Bug on it.

YMMV and probably will of course. ;)