Unofficial Update to Miui v4.1.1

publicanimal

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished making/testing an update to this ROM based on Jrizzill's modified version of the ROM. Basically Zen & crew do not want modifications to the ROM posted in full ROM format, but encourage custom updates such as this one. This installs/modifies only what is listed below.

I took the changes that Jrizzill had made an implemented them in an update format, with a couple personal tweaks. I chose not to change the boot animation as he did. I chose to remove not only Gmail, but also Locale & QuickSearchBox.apk (download Google Search & Voice Search from Market). Lastly, I added the redraw fix local.prop to /data (this was the hard part).

Credit to Jrizzill for the basics & for his build.prop.

• Added Additional Ringtones Found In Bugless Beast
  • Added Home Screen redraw fix as a local.prop in /data (drastically reduces home screen redraws)
  • Disabled Camera Shutter / Video Recording Sounds (replaced .ogg files w/ .bak files)
  • Set WiFi Scan Interval To "90" For Better Battery
  • Deleted Redundancies From /System/Build.Prop File
  • Deleted The Following Apps:
    • Gmail (download in Market)
    • Locale
    • QuickSearchBox (download Google Search & Voice Search in market)
  • Added Apps That Were Missing From The Package
    • Car Home Launcher (need to download Car Home from Market for it to work)
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
DOWNLOAD HERE:
D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1-update1.zip

RECOMMENDED GOOGLE APP INSTALLS FROM MARKET:
Google Maps
Street View
Google Search
Voice Search
Car Home

If anyone would like any of these patches isolated I'd be happy to do that as well. (For example a .zip that just adds the ringtones or the redraw "fix").

EDIT: Super minor issue with this update.zip. Rather than sift through all the ringtones and remove the ones that were already present in this ROM, I just left them all in figuring that the duplicates would have the same file names and simply be overwritten. By and large this was the case, but for 3 or 4 of the ringtones the filenames were slightly different (ex: Enter_The_Nexus.ogg and Enter_the_nexus.ogg, Tinkerbell.ogg and TinkerBell.ogg). This results in these 3 or 4 ringtones showing up as doubles. I apologize for this, I should have taken the time to comb through and remove the duplicates. The doubles can easily be removed in Root Explorer, but if this update is still valid by Friday, I will also create an update just to remove the duplicates on Friday (I'll be busy until then).

EDIT2: I've isolated the redraw fix into a zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ilt7ai...-RedrawFix.zip

Flashing this accomplishes the exact same thing as entering the following commands into the terminal:

Open Terminal Emulator and type the following commands (hit enter after each):

su
echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop
reboot

Last edited:

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Finally someone did it right. This is the exactly what I've been talking about. Small updates like this are easier for us to include in the official rom. They also allow for customization.

BTW YouTube is in the market now :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

publicanimal

Reaction score
Finally someone did it right. This is the exactly what I've been talking about. Small updates like this are easier for us to include in the official rom. They also allow for customization.

BTW YouTube is in the market now :)

YouTube is in the market now? NOW you tell me :D

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Been there all day. I knew there was a reason it wasn't in the official Chinese miui :)

Icculus760

Reaction score
Lastly, I added the redraw fix local.prop to /data (this was the hard part).
If anyone would like any of these patches isolated I'd be happy to do that as well. (For example a .zip that just adds the ringtones or the redraw "fix").

If you would be so kind, I'd love to get the redraw "fix" either as an update/zip or just know whatever terminal command(s) are needed if that's a possibility.

I can't thank Zen & the rest of the D1/MIUI team - incl everyone who translated and put in their time/effort to make this rom as freaking sweet as it is...but odds are that i'll continue to end all my miui posts with something like this...it's the least i can do

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished making/testing an update to this ROM based on Jrizzill's modified version of the ROM. Basically Zen & crew do not want modifications to the ROM posted in full ROM format, but encourage custom updates such as this one. This installs/modifies only what is listed below.

I took the changes that Jrizzill had made an implemented them in an update format, with a couple personal tweaks. I chose not to change the boot animation as he did. I chose to remove not only Gmail, but also Locale & QuickSearchBox.apk (download Google Search & Voice Search from Market). Lastly, I added the redraw fix local.prop to /data (this was the hard part).

• Added Home Screen redraw fix as a local.prop in /data (drastically reduces home screen redraws)
  • Disabled Camera Shutter / Video Recording Sounds (replaced .ogg files w/ .bak files)
    • Locale
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
DOWNLOAD HERE:

Google Maps
Street View
Google Search
Voice Search
Car Home

EDIT: Super minor issue with this update.zip. Rather than sift through all the ringtones and remove the ones that were already present in this ROM, I just left them all in figuring that the duplicates would have the same file names and simply be overwritten. By and large this was the case, but for 3 or 4 of the ringtones the filenames were slightly different (ex: Enter_The_Nexus.ogg and Enter_the_nexus.ogg, Tinkerbell.ogg and TinkerBell.ogg). This results in these 3 or 4 ringtones showing up as doubles. I apologize for this, I should have taken the time to comb through and remove the duplicates. The doubles can easily be removed in Root Explorer, but if this update is still valid by Friday, I will also create an update just to remove the duplicates on Friday (I'll be busy until then).

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Flashing this accomplishes the exact same thing as entering the following commands into the terminal:

su
reboot

Question... if you delete the QuickSearchBox from /system/app/, but have the version downloaded from the Market installed, does pressing the search button while on the home screen still pop up Google Search? Last time I checked it wouldn't work and it rendered the search button on the phone useless.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you are correct, the search button on the phone will not pop up google search. For me...Im glad it doesnt...because sometimes when I hold my phone in sideways orientation, my finger accidentally touches the search button and it pops up over my text or whatever Im doing.

but..yes...it will not work any more if you update. You could always rename it .bak at the end...reboot...try to install google search, then rename the .bak back to .apk...and see if that works for you. You could have both functions there.

OP
P

publicanimal

Reaction score

• Locale
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
DOWNLOAD HERE:

Google Maps
Street View
Google Search
Voice Search
Car Home

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

su
reboot

Question... if you delete the QuickSearchBox from /system/app/, but have the version downloaded from the Market installed, does pressing the search button while on the home screen still pop up Google Search? Last time I checked it wouldn't work and it rendered the search button on the phone useless.

It appears that you are right. Long pressing the search button still pulls up Voice Search, but just tapping the search button no longer functions.

The main reason I deleted QuickSearchBox is because the Miui version is just a bastardized version of the GoogleQuickSearchBox and the widget doesn't even include the Voice Search "microphone" button. But it does appear to render the search key useless. I personally never use this function but thanks for pointing that out.

Z

ZeroBarrier

QuickSearchBox has nothing to do with it. I don't have that apk and my search soft button works just fine.

I deleted that apk before even flashing the ROM. The soft button doesn't work because you need to have GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk in /system/app/ for it to function that way it was supposed to. Having it in /data/app/ breaks that functionality.