Unlocking phone

Vog46

Reaction score
Got a question. How do I change the slide unlock to a coded unlock function on my Razr and my wife's Razr Maxx?
As always thanks for the help and mind the avatar (meaning - try to keep it simple for this old fool)

Best Regards
Vog

Papa_T

Reaction score
I'm not the pro on here by any means, so my comment may be dead wrong. It is my understanding of the Razr that you can not eliminate the slide lock and replace it with the code. You can add the code along with the slide lock, but the slide is a permanent thing. Again, I'm no pro, so...:blink:

OP
Vog46

Vog46

Reaction score
PapaT-
Hows does one add the code to the slide lock?.
My daughter also just got a Razr Maxx and wants to prevent my grandson from unlocking the phone without her permission
(Can't say as I blame her for wanting this added security measure)

Best Regards
Vog

OP
Vog46

Vog46

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied.
I love learning this stuff !!

Best Regards
Vog

Papa_T

Reaction score
Vog46 - That will now allow her to slide the lock, then enter either a password or a pattern code. I wish there were a way to bypass the slide lock and just have the pattern code. Maybe one day we can get that option.

Krenzy

Reaction score
Conversely, if anyone simply wants to bypass the slide lock altogether, No Lock is great for this. Perhaps No Lock and some third party pattern lock app would help?

SiGfever

Reaction score
My Droid X one day just started ommiting the slide lock. Turn the phone on and you are at the home screen. Phone works perfect just no slide lock.

Not_Ron_Burgundy

Reaction score
With the application Tasker you can remove the key guard (the slide to unlock feature) all together. Once you hit the unlock button on your phone it will start right up. The downside to using Tasker is that it does take a little bit of know how to get it going, so I wouldn't recommend it for beginners. However it lets you fully maximize the customization of your phone.