Unlimited Data question concerning switching phones

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I'm using my Thunderbolt right now which is fine. I have a Droid 2 Global that I was using before this, but it's been on the shelf since. With the recent gingerbread leak for the D2G, I installed it on that phone and would like to use it for a change just to get a different feel. I have unlimited data since I've had the thunderbolt well before the tiered data plans came into effect, but I'm just wondering... will I keep my unlimited data if I downgrade from a 4g to a 3g phone? I'm almost positive I should be okay, but that small doubt in my mind holds me back.

Just wondering if anyone has a better idea and could help me out. Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes -- please see the existing threads on this topic. No need to reinvent the wheel for every possible permutation out there.

jseah

Reaction score
Just bear in mind that if you switch away from your LTE phone for too long, your LTE sim will expire and when you want to switch back you will need to get a new sim.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yes -- please see the existing threads on this topic. No need to reinvent the wheel for every possible permutation out there.
Thank you. And trust me, I did (and always do) a search before making this topic but the search function has never been the greatest on this forum.

Just bear in mind that if you switch away from your LTE phone for too long, your LTE sim will expire and when you want to switch back you will need to get a new sim.
Thank you. Didnt think about this, but I will probably only use it for a month max, so I hope thats not too long.

jseah

Reaction score
Thank you. And trust me, I did (and always do) a search before making this topic but the search function has never been the greatest on this forum.

Thank you. Didnt think about this, but I will probably only use it for a month max, so I hope thats not too long.

Actually, I heard that after anywhere from 3-7 days, the sims expire and you will need a new sim.