unlimited data and Note 3

Slowmo1817

Reaction score
With the Verizon Edge, I am still basically paying full retail, just in installments. Customer service said that the store could return the phone, and let me buy it under the Device Payment plan, and retain my unlimited data but the idiots in the store couldn't (i.e. didn't try) to figure out how to do this.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I'm going to try and upgrade my "dumb phone" line today and then transfer it to my line. Wish me luck, if all goes well I'll have my new N3 after lunch today!

fisch2481

Reaction score
I'm going to try and upgrade my "dumb phone" line today and then transfer it to my line. Wish me luck, if all goes well I'll have my new N3 after lunch today!

That's what I did. I'm rolling with the note 3 with unlimited data. You can swap the phone yourself on my Verizon. I wouldn't advertise to the salesman that you plan on doing that... Those people are turds, they will try to convince you that you'll lose your unlimited data. I chatted with multiple people by calling Verizon, they all told me to do the old upgrade and swap to maintain my unlimited.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
That's what I did. I'm rolling with the note 3 with unlimited data. You can swap the phone yourself on my Verizon. I wouldn't advertise to the salesman that you plan on doing that... Those people are turds, they will try to convince you that you'll lose your unlimited data. I chatted with multiple people by calling Verizon, they all told me to do the old upgrade and swap to maintain my unlimited.

This scenario is on Verizon's forum, well documented.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

kwatch

Reaction score
That's not too bad...You can possibly be ok on a new plan..I'm not sure if that Max plan they were offering to unlimited customers is still around..it was like $30 for 6GB ...
I'm sure you will be using the N3 a bit more as I know my data increased with the N2...
I think

kwatch

Reaction score
That's not too bad...You can possibly be ok on a new plan..I'm not sure if that Max plan they were offering to unlimited customers is still around..it was like $30 for 6GB ...
I'm sure you will be using the N3 a bit more as I know my data increased with the N2...

I think this Max Plan is only available for unlimited customers who wants VZW Edge plan. Am I wrong?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think this Max Plan is only available for unlimited customers who wants VZW Edge plan. Am I wrong?

That is the way it was explained to me at both Best Buy and a Verizon corporate store.
During glitch weekend you COULD get the Max plan without Edge but I don't know if that's still possible now or not.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode (Notetoo)