Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Unlimited data glitch

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well apparently they said they were going to honor the unlimited data upgrade, but when receiving my customer receipt showing the new terms I would have to agree to, sure enough the 2GB plan shows up not the unlimited data. I'm not stuck on the phone with Verizon, has anyone else been dealing with this issue or know anyone who has?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
wow that's pretty lousy of them to go back on their word.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It happened to a few of our members...speak to CSR (if you have to ask for supervisor) they will fix it for you..

ACalcutt

Reaction score
I upgraded during the glitch and got my note 3 today also. My web confirmation and confirmation email both stated I would keep my unlimited, but the one that came with the phone said it had the 2GB plan.

I activated the phone online and after logging out and back on i could see my phone had switched to 2GB. I called verizon and told the person my confirmation email said i would keep my unlimited data, but when I activated it switched to 2GB. She mentioned something about unless it was a promotion that usually unlimited isn't and option. I mentioned I purchased 9/29 while the site was allowing it and had read on droidlife that it was a glich that verizon pr said it would be honor. I also mentioned I had read there was some type of memo in their system about the glitch and keeping the unlimited data. She put me on hold for a few minutes and when she came back she said she switched my plan back to unlimited. I logged out of the verizon site again and logged back in and it showed unlimited data was back

Hope this helps anyone who has to call

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It happened to a few of our members...speak to CSR (if you have to ask for supervisor) they will fix it for you..
Well it should be honored without having to go through the circus of the CSR. They'll honor it, but apparently the fine print read, "we'll waste your time in doing so".

mrmark27

Reaction score
I had the same thing. I called 611 and the first rep I spoke with was able to activate my new Note and switch it back to Unlimited without a problem. Sure it stunk having to call up and waste those 15 min or so but it was a pretty painless process

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well it should be honored without having to go through the circus of the CSR. They'll honor it, but apparently the fine print read, "we'll waste your time in doing so".

I usually rip Verizon for these things...in this case I can see how the system thinks you are going to new data plan ..since the glitch then patch of system probably is the reason for the calls needed...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I usually rip Verizon for these things...in this case I can see how the system thinks you are going to new data plan ..since the glitch then patch of system probably is the reason for the calls needed...
Well here's the thing, they knew of the glitch and they knew people took advantage of it. So what's to stop them from going into their system and finding the ones who upgraded within that 2-3day window? The way I see it, they should've began this process as soon as they made the announcement that they were going to honor it. For the lucky ones that did take advantage I'm sure they're happy they get to keep their unlimited, but you're upsetting them a bit (to me at least and I didn't even take advantage of it) by having them spend more time on the phone fighting for what was promised.

I didn't read the official announcement, so I don't know if it said "customers must let CSR know" or something along those lines, but if they didn't then I'd be a bit irked by it. If you couldn't tell :p

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@dezymond - LOL ...I will buy you a Note 3 so long you don't get upset...LMAO !!

It really wasn't clear how you would have to keep it on activation..

Original statement from Verizon:
Over the past weekend, there was a software issue involving some orders for customers seeking to upgrade their devices. A number of customers who were upgrading devices were able to maintain an unlimited monthly data feature while paying a subsidized price.
Verizon Wireless will honor those orders that were approved this past weekend, allowing those customers to retain their unlimited plans for the duration of their contract and receive their new device.
Verizon Wireless corrected this software issue today (9/30). The company no longer offers unlimited data plans and customers who want to retain existing unlimited data plans, must pay full retail price for a replacement phone.

Latest:
This was posted on another forum with a response from a CSR:

Thanks very much for your email in regards to unlimited data.

This was a system issue where our billing system was allowing customers with unlimited data to retain the feature when ordering an upgrade. Any customer affected by this issue will be able to retain unlimited data throughout the length of the new two year contract.

How it will work is your data feature will switch over to the 2GB allowance when your new phone is activated. Then we will be able to switch you back to the unlimited data feature right away. So once you’re ready to activate your upgrade or after you have already activated your upgrade you’ll be able to contact customer service and we can make the change for you. I have notated your account with the same information so it’s no problem at all, any one of us will be able to make this change.

You can call customer service at 800-922-0204 or *611 from your cell phone. Then press 0 a few times to go to a representative right away. Or you can also chat with a representative online atwww.verizonwireless.com/contactus and we’ll add unlimited data back to your line.

Last edited:
OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I chatted with 2 CSR's and a store manager and 2 other reps, all of which stated they cannot help me right now. So furious is basically what I am at the moment.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see where it states they will add it back to the line, I am not dumb enough to activate a phone with terms I do not agree with. If i HAVE to then I will, but none of the CSR's knew what I was talking about nor how to fix it once I activated the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bk I'll pm you my address later. Note 3 for fweeeeeeee :hail:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK so finally 3 1/2 hours later I finally had a rep and a supervisor who had a clue of what was going on. Upgraded to the note 3 and still have unlimited data. Thanks for the help guys.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OK so finally 3 1/2 hours later I finally had a rep and a supervisor who had a clue of what was going on. Upgraded to the note 3 and still have unlimited data. Thanks for the help guys.
You are an insanely patient person. No way would I let this "issue" that should've easily been resolved take this long.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Great to hear it. .. now it's time to enjoy my friend. ..congrats on your new phone. ..

N2 tap'd HD