Universal Theme Porter by Wugfresh...

Grillrd

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted here but this is great work by Wugfresh! I just ported over a theme that I wanted very badly and it worked like a charm...highly recommended!

Universal Theme Porter

andylulzyou

Reaction score

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Thanks for trying though. Just out of curiosity sake, which three themes did you port over?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Just curious, will this work to essentially extract a theme out of a ROM? For example, what if I wanted the SSX look on Rubix. Could I put in the SSX ROM as a theme and get what I want?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it just switches the images in each apk if images are named different it gets skipped. it doesnt port xml files. so if there was any edit to those those will get missed and you are missing the look the OG dev was going for. I hate these tools!!!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it just switches the images in each apk if images are named different it gets skipped. it doesnt port xml files. so if there was any edit to those those will get missed and you are missing the look the OG dev was going for. I hate these tools!!!

+1
I've seen my themes ported to other devices and ROMs and they totally didn't get fully ported and then people started criticizing me for a bad theme or issues reading text, mismatched colors...etc.

While they can make some of the porting work easy....be careful that you get the FULL experience that the OG dev wanted to give you! There's nothing worse than seeing black text on a black button! (or rather, NOT seeing it)

OP
G

Grillrd

Reaction score
Thanks for trying though. Just out of curiosity sake, which three themes did you port over?

Like what was said in the prior few posts, the original Incognito had some white on white lettering(has nothing to do with the original theme which is great) so I switched over to...

The Incognito that was in this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...23-theme-ports-rubix-1-9-7-come-get-some.html

Also the MIUI that was in the prior thread and...

I also ported GalaxyS-DX-1.5.2 but I can't find the url today.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate it or not...unfortunately its the only way for people that don't know how to theme, to get the theme they want, on the ROM their using. The devs are busy and can't meet everyones needs. Every file might not be complete like the original dev intended, but users can get a taste of what they want.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

lseaver92

Reaction score
hey i have a mac and thus am not able to use this, can you port the blue drop theme for 1.5? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

OP
G

Grillrd

Reaction score
hey i have a mac and thus am not able to use this, can you port the blue drop theme for 1.5? It would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Do you have the link of where it is? Nevermind...found it...