uninstall the orginal messenging application

meannathan

Reaction score
I am using handset for my messenging does it have to have the original messenging application to work I tried searching for this and didn't find anything thanks in advance

warrior21

Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow. Once you download handcent and press the icon it will have you choose which application you want to use. Check off the box to use as default and then hit handcent. Just make sure you go into the stock messaging app and turn off the notifications so you don't get them twice. Handcent should work fine.

OP
M

meannathan

Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow. Once you download handcent and press the icon it will have you choose which application you want to use. Check off the box to use as default and then hit handcent. Just make sure you go into the stock messaging app and turn off the notifications so you don't get them twice. Handcent should work fine.

It works fine I was just wondering if it had to have the one that comes with the phone to work?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU WISH TO NO LONGER RECEIVE MMS AND VIDEO MESSAGING!

Handcent works ALONG WITH the stock mms.apk should you remove it you will still get SMS but NOT MMS or Video messaging

-=Jason=-