"Unfortunately Motlauncher has stopped"

guitarluvr213

Reaction score
This is my 2nd refurb phone BTW. Works fine but every time I power on the phone or reboot it, once I unlock the phone I get a message that says "unfortunately motlauncher has stopped". I've only had the phone for 4 days, all the same apps I had in the previous phones where I never got this message. I know they say if it ain't broke, don't fix it but something must be causing this error to pop up and I want to be sure its not going to later cause other issues. Any tips?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried Safe Mode? When the phone runs in Safe Mode, only system apps run...no Play Store apps. That helps determine if the problem is in the system or a Play Store app.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As i recall.. I had this issue.. I went into manage apps, all, moto launcher and cleared data and force stopped it.. Then i had an issue with another app doing this.. I had to clear the cache from tje recovery menu to get it to all stop.. But i did a factory data reset due to another issue.. And no problems since...

But as i recall.. The "unfortunately moto launcher has stopped" only came up on startup.

OP
G

guitarluvr213

Reaction score
Have you tried Safe Mode? When the phone runs in Safe Mode, only system apps run...no Play Store apps. That helps determine if the problem is in the system or a Play Store app.

Well there wasn't a safe mode option. There was normal, recovery, factory, bp tools and something else I can't remember. I hit tools thinking it would take me to select safe mode and it just booted the phone up but motlaunch window didn't show up this time. I'm going to assume recovery is safe mode for my future reference?
But so far its fine. I'll update tomorrow when I power it back on after charging for the night.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
To get to Safe Mode...tap power button like a normal shut down. Then long press on Power Off and you will see the option to reboot into Safe Mode. To exit Safe Mode...just shut down normally and then restart.