I am getting a lot of Unfortunately, (Something) Has stopped

Tank99

Reaction score
Whenever I turn on my phone and do the lock screen, I get a black screen with a message that pops up and says... " Unfortunately, Homescreen has stopped" also it has another message that says "Unfortunately the com.process.google.acore has stopped" there is another one with the same thing as that but instead of acore it says apps.

I have looked everywhere online and have only found this about resetting the phoen to fatory settings, which I would do, but I cannot access my phone, all I can do is do the lock screen

Can someone help me?

-Thanks Tank99

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If a Factory Reset is the only option, you should be able to do that from the Recovery Menu. I believe these are the steps ( if they are wrong, you should be able to find the correct steps for specific phone model on the net). Turn the phone off. Hold Volume Up & Power button at the same time and do not let go until you see the Android logo on his back with a red triangle. Let go of both buttons. Press & hold Volume Down & then Volume Up...let go of Volume Up then Volume Down. You should now be on the Recovery Menu screen and see a Factory Reset option. Use Volume Down to scroll through the menu until the option you want is selected & then the Power button to select. I hope those are the correct steps for the Razr HD & hope that helps, if you have to reset.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would just do a soft reset first. Hold POWER and VOLUME down for like 20 seconds until it reboots.

Mountiefb11

Reaction score
I was sent to this address, but when I see the droid with the exclamation and press the volume + and - keys it doesn't do any thing???? Any suggestions?

If a Factory Reset is the only option, you should be able to do that from the Recovery Menu. I believe these are the steps ( if they are wrong, you should be able to find the correct steps for specific phone model on the net). Turn the phone off. Hold Volume Up & Power button at the same time and do not let go until you see the Android logo on his back with a red triangle. Let go of both buttons. Press & hold Volume Down & then Volume Up...let go of Volume Up then Volume Down. You should now be on the Recovery Menu screen and see a Factory Reset option. Use Volume Down to scroll through the menu until the option you want is selected & then the Power button to select. I hope those are the correct steps for the Razr HD & hope that helps, if you have to reset.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was sent to this address, but when I see the droid with the exclamation and press the volume + and - keys it doesn't do any thing???? Any suggestions?

What phone model do you have and what version of Android OS? The steps are different with Android KitKat.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I think it's POWER and UP or POWER and DOWN when you see Dead Andy. Not Up and Down.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's POWER and UP or POWER and DOWN when you see Dead Andy. Not Up and Down.

I believe you are correct...Volume up and Power buttons for 15 seconds, then release Power first followed by Vol Up. Then you should see the standard Recovery Menu options. From there Vol down to navigate the list and Power to select. At least that's what works on a RAZR M with KK.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums