unable to take screen shots of youtube videos

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I go onto youtube to get base ideas on clash of clans. But my note 4 won't take screen shots of the paused video. The first disappointment of my note 4. Anybody elsee have this problem and can it be fixed? Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you using the hardware buttons, or the "screen swipe" method? I always use the buttons.

I was able to take this just now as the video played (first one on my recommended list. She's very happy with her note 4.)

3316c3041f8acb83cda00d5348c14f58.jpg

& this one while paused...

d2496e7c3a0a31633eb3f0727fc42390.jpg

I suppose there could be some sort of drm or copyright protection baked in, but I'd doubt it on coc videos...

Sent from my Note 4

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm using the buttons. And now all of a sudden it's working the the heck. Seems to work off and on.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm using the buttons. And now all of a sudden it's working the the heck. Seems to work off and on.
You should try to do it at different times with the same video. If it's not always working, I'm figuring one or two of the following are the case:

1. You're not supposed to be able to do it at all, because of copyrights and etc.
2. You can do it, but certain videos are protected due to copyright and won't allow it.

Just a theory, but it's all I've got.