Unable to boot

MosesManeuver

Reaction score
Hi team,

I've got a non-rooted Droid 3 that I can't get to boot up. For the past day or so, it's been periodically freezing during texting/email, and pulling the battery would work just fine. Today, after pulling the battery, the phone won't boot beyond the initial "dual core technology" screen.

I'm willing to abandon the phone after this and get a new one, but I've been lax about backing up my contacts and wanted to see if there was a way that I could recover my contacts from the phone before getting something new.

Any additional advice on how to potentially restore the phone would be appreciated as well, but the contacts list is my top priority now.

Thanks!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
your contacts should be backed up with google, when you put your gmail acct back on your new phone they should sync back.

landdesigner

Reaction score
your contacts should be backed up with google, when you put your gmail acct back on your new phone they should sync back.

On my phone, only the "new" contacts backed up on Google. All the old ones I have had for a few years are trapped in the phone. My backup assistant has never worked on this droid.

Also, right now, with 10 days left on my contract, it will not go beyond the EYE, it will not boot up. :(