Ultimate Droid Froyo 8.0

Reaction score
I am currently STOCK 2.1 on Droid X .. I just SBF Flashed back from 2.2 ROOT. I have One Click Easy Root, ROM Manager, and BootStrap. I started Fresh from 2.1 So I could get Step by Step Instructions from the guys that have been doing this for awhile. Again appreciate the help guys, and Have a great night! dancedroid

Pings

Reaction score
Isn't Ultimate Droid 8.0 for the Droid? Also isn't the guy who made Ultimate Droid making or made a rom for the Droid X?

dbutters

Reaction score
I haven't seen any custom rom's for the DX. The bootloader keeps that from happening.

There are a few, there is a hacked way to get around the bootloader limitation. I don't think that UD 8.0 is one of them, tho.

luv2increase

Reaction score
I haven't seen any custom rom's for the DX. The bootloader keeps that from happening.

Where have you been?

We have:

FlyX
Tranquility
-and a couple others that aren't popular

Sure, they aren't "full" custom ROMs where tweaks to the kernel have been made, but they are custom ROMs nonetheless. They "do" improve the performance of your phone. I'm loving Tranquility 2.3.3 which just came out.

Birdman stated that when the FlyX v1.0 final comes out, it is going to blow people's minds. :icon_ banana:

I'm thinking that Birdman is on the verge of finding a way around the locked bootloader. If you followed his twitter feed, you think that too :)

Soupy McD

Reaction score

Where have you been?

We have:

FlyX
Tranquility
-and a couple others that aren't popular

Sure, they aren't "full" custom ROMs where tweaks to the kernel have been made, but they are custom ROMs nonetheless. They "do" improve the performance of your phone. I'm loving Tranquility 2.3.3 which just came out.

Birdman stated that when the FlyX v1.0 final comes out, it is going to blow people's minds. :icon_ banana:

I'm thinking that Birdman is on the verge of finding a way around the locked bootloader. If you followed his twitter feed, you think that too :)

From some of the stuff he's posted it would seem they have already gotten into the bootloader! Hello moto

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I do believe the Unrevoked Team has been working at cracking the Bootloader as well, there might be something big coming soon.

We should also have a built from source Rom from the CCR team within a week, it's called Obsidian and these are the guys who have built Sapphire for the Droid.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BD has UD8 for the X but it is not released yet.

Soupy McD

Reaction score
I do believe the Unrevoked Team has been working at cracking the Bootloader as well, there might be something big coming soon.

We should also have a built from source Rom from the CCR team within a week, it's called Obsidian and these are the guys who have built Sapphire for the Droid.

It'll be interesting to see this...after taking a closer look on their github it seems Obsidian is still in a very rudimentary state, but they are working on the coding, and it'll be based on 2.3.13.

luv2increase

Reaction score

It'll be interesting to see this...after taking a closer look on their github it seems Obsidian is still in a very rudimentary state, but they are working on the coding, and it'll be based on 2.3.13.

I just cant wait until i can just flash a ROM with the official 2.2 in it right from my leaked 2.2. I really dont think the 2.3.13 is the official due to the exchange problem and volume levsl fix not being implemented.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Soupy McD

Reaction score

I just cant wait until i can just flash a ROM with the official 2.2 in it right from my leaked 2.2. I really dont think the 2.3.13 is the official due to the exchange problem and volume levsl fix not being implemented.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agreed, I think it is just a release candidate. I'll be surprised and disappointed if 2.3.13 is the official OTA update.

OP
lithiasales.js
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers guys, I think i over reacted when I seen the 8.0 .. I got Fly V 0.1 on today. Seems like my battery life is lasting quite a bit longer then it did before with this ROM, Few little bugs in it but that non the less seems to be a bit quicker too. What is the best ROM there is probably right now that you can customize with ROMS and have a bunch of different features ?

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There are some custom roms still in the works. Yes, we are limited by the bootloader (hell most of my personal tweaks are in the ramdisk, which I'm scared to try in case of a brick)

The (lesser known) rubiX (Rubik for the droid x) will be releasing soon as I get a chance to work on it some more, with a blurless version, blur version, and I'm also working on an AOSP rom for the x