Ultimate Droid ROM on X

pyroelite

Reaction score
Rubix 1.9.5 is based off gummy jar, that's why it runs so smooth. & GJar should hopefully have script support soon from jrummy...

from my DX (GJar 2.5)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
3rd vote on Darkslide here :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

I tried darkslide on my phone for a couple days, it seemed kinda sluggish to me. Im running rubix focussed 1.9.5 right now & loving it. Havnt used gummyjar much of any.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sluggish? You are the first out of thousands to call the Darkslide "sluggish."

What do you mean by this? I must know :)

aefd4105-6528-8995.jpg

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Thousands"? :)

Yea I would say that is a safe number :) when you have a thread with 65,000 hits, I would think the number of users would be at least 1 or 2 people :)

And the freedom of different ROM's is what this forum and others is all about. I'm not bashing any ROM. I'm just saying I've read hundreds and hundreds of hours and that was the first I seen on it being sluggish.

Gzsmooth

Reaction score
Ive been loving some RubiX 1.9.5!!! Fast, smooth, no FCs, great battery life. Def worth a try

Jordan8

Reaction score

I tried darkslide on my phone for a couple days, it seemed kinda sluggish to me. Im running rubix focussed 1.9.5 right now & loving it. Havnt used gummyjar much of any.

aefd4105-6528-8995.jpg

Idk, just opening everyday apps like the browser & such just seemed slower then the other roms I've used.

BOA

Reaction score

aefd4105-6528-8995.jpg

Idk, just opening everyday apps like the browser & such just seemed slower then the other roms I've used.

It ran and runs flawlessly for me. I'm testing out Liberty now which is also very good. So far so good; the only problems I've had with it has to do with the themes and not the ROM itself. I love both DS and Liberty at the moment and waiting for UD to release his ROM so I can test that too.

I do have to say though that not all phones are the same and it's very possible that your phone did run sluggish as you said. Everyone goes crazy for Rubix but to tell you the truth it was the worst out of all the ROM's I tried on my phone. When I say worse I mean in comparison to the others and it ran fine just wasn't as fast and smooth on MY phone!

xliderider

Reaction score
Liberty 1.0 here. :)

Didn't like Tranquility 3.6.0, Haven't tried the new release of Tranquility as Liberty is great.

Didn't care for Apex 1.3.1, had some problems with apps just quiting and sending me back to homescreen (no FC's, just stopped cold), like Angry Birds and Browser.

GummyJar 2.5 was great as well, and Liberty is based on GJ 2.5, but Liberty has the toolbox.

Haven't tried Fission or Darkslide.

droidrev71

Reaction score

aefd4105-6528-8995.jpg
The browser was sluggish for me. Web pages load much faster in fission and liberty

luigi90210

Reaction score
i tried every droid x rom out there and i think none of them are really good
imo i like the stock rom OC to 1.2GHz(to workout the blur lag) with launcher pro plus but i also like blur a lot

pyroelite

Reaction score
To address the actual topic, why bother trying any APOS roms when they have so many [known] bugs? If you wanna beta test tho, go for it.

from my DX

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

aefd4105-6528-8995.jpg
The browser was sluggish for me. Web pages load much faster in fission and liberty

At this point, he may be the "ONLY" person that experiences "sluggish" behavior in DS4.2! That rom is more solid than a RoCk for a WHOLE LOT of people(including me)... Good luck finding a better Rom then that...

scott021467

Reaction score
I have been running Darkslide blur since 4.1 and now 4.2 and don't feel it being sluggish at all. But, this is just my opinion. I say try different ones until you find the one that suits you. I know it will take alot for me to leave the DarkSlide camp. Good luck and always back up..lol