Uggghh Fustration (Messaging) Please Help

Reaction score
messaging is 75% of my phone usage and the apps are killing me, the stock one fore closes handsent doesn't open?(foreclose) and chomp lags too.

i cleared the data in the messaging app still nothing, i set a text convo limit to 200 and im not sure if they deleted but still nothing was fixed. what can i do.

the sms apps are the only ones giving me problems, the rest are smooth as a whistle

droidweb

Reaction score
Factory Reset will clear your installed apps, contacts (but you can resync that), custom settings, etc. It will essentially return the phone to the state it was when you first opened it out of the box

Menotyou01

Reaction score
I myself have had a similar issue. My messaging app (default one & all others) will randomly force close & when it does this it erases ALL my messages regardless of how many I have. The first time this happened the force close re-seated my SD card and erased everything off of it. I did a hard reset on my phone, but that hasn't helped (it only got rid of all my apps). I am wondering if I just have a "lemon" phone?