Turns off by itself

hayn

Reaction score
My droid RAZR HD been turning off by itself I don't know what's wrong with it. Could this be a hardware issue?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
My droid RAZR HD been turning off by itself I don't know what's wrong with it. Could this be a hardware issue?

Get used to it, seriously. This phone is so laggy and unstable its a little disheartening to be honest. I raise the volume and it takes a second or two to even realize it and then finally chirps after literally 2 seconds. FAIL.

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
Get used to it, seriously. This phone is so laggy and unstable its a little disheartening to be honest. I raise the volume and it takes a second or two to even realize it and then finally chirps after literally 2 seconds. FAIL.

So what should o do with this? Try to get a new phone

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So what should o do with this? Try to get a new phone

I am, as soon as something tickles my fancy, Im done with this thing, I was just at lunch, and someone asked what phone I had and showed it to them, I went to click it on, and it didnt turn on, I had to click it AGAIN, and it lagfully went to the lock screen, I then went to swipe to unlock it, and it was lagtastic....

Its a solid phone, that is why I liked it, its not all plastic like the Samsung S3, its Kevlar and really feels like its quality, BUT, whats the point of having a Mercedes SL600 with a Honda Civic engine?

OP
H

hayn

Reaction score
I am, as soon as something tickles my fancy, Im done with this thing, I was just at lunch, and someone asked what phone I had and showed it to them, I went to click it on, and it didnt turn on, I had to click it AGAIN, and it lagfully went to the lock screen, I then went to swipe to unlock it, and it was lagtastic....

Its a solid phone, that is why I liked it, its not all plastic like the Samsung S3, its Kevlar and really feels like its quality, BUT, whats the point of having a Mercedes SL600 with a Honda Civic engine?

I just got this phone too!

zaphodity

Reaction score

Welcome to the joys of modern consumer electronics. Haven't had any lag or problems with mine thus far *knocks on wood*.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Welcome to the joys of modern consumer electronics. Haven't had any lag or problems with mine thus far *knocks on wood*.

I THINK, that, its just the Android OS. And I will tell you why. I have an iPad2, so does my wife and she has an iPhone 5. I will admit, NEVER has her phone nor any of our iPads EVER lagged or froze.

On my 3 1/2 yr old ENV Touch, never lagged.

I firmly believe that people who have not experienced what some people say is "lag" has in fact experienced it, just never really noticed it as they are used to it. I could see people that had Androids for a while definitely saw improvements in hardware and software to the point to say they were raised on it.

I was not raised on it, in fact, when ever I dealt with a smart phone, it was usually an iPhone. If it was a tablet, it was usually an iPad.

NOW I AM NOT a fanboy, obviously, or I would have gotten an iPhone. But will say this... Android OS is not as smooth as iOS, now with that being said, the iPhone completely sucks when it comes to certain things.. like no SD slot, no Flash, no USB, no HDMI, all this being stock of course.

So there is a give and a take. I personally made up my mind to stop whining about it and except it. Its just a freaking phone at the end of the day. Its not my world.

zaphodity

Reaction score
So there is a give and a take. I personally made up my mind to stop whining about it and except it. Its just a freaking phone at the end of the day. Its not my world.

Very proud of you Jimmy, love your work XD

I seriously haven't experienced any "lag" yet mate, When you say lag, do you mean the phone freezes and you have to
reboot, or is it just half a millisecond delay as you pass through different screens ?

You hit the nail right on the head when you say all technology has its pros and cons. It's all about settling for the best balance of what you're looking for. I myself have NEVER liked Apple kit, simply because of the strangle hold the company has over their products. It didn't feel like my iPod, it felt like I was borrowing Steve Jobs. Felt like I didn't own it, it was just out on loan.

Anyway man, hope your phone issues resolve themselves without too many hassles.

P.S. Is that an umbrella, or pump action shotgun in your avatar....or are you just glad to see me ?