How do I get my phone to turn off completely?

droid72

Reaction score
Yes I know how to turn it off but it turns itself back on after I turn it off. So am I doing something wrong? I use to turn my blackberry off at night so I didn't get any phone calls. This one I can't seem to do. So I have been turning on "silent" so I don't hear anything at night.

I think it's alive!!! hahaha

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Press and hold the button on the top until the menu comes up for "Silent Mode" "Airplane Mode" and "Power Off" choose power off.

alm0614

Reaction score
the phone will automatically power on while plugged into the wall.. if not connected to power, it will stay off

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Before the Droid will completely shut off you must first go into Options>Advanced Settings>Assimilation and choose Give Offerings. At this point a 120 second discovery window will activate where you can then simply set the phone next to any other powered on device in your home or workplace. A message will be displayed saying, "Assimilation in Progress." Once Assimilation is complete, the Droid will judge your level of loyalty and usefulness, thereby giving you permission to shut it down, or continue the assimilation if necessary.

dimaj

Reaction score
If all you worry about is keeping your phone quiet through the night, get an app called Setting Profiles. It allows you change your configuration (sounds, volume, ringtone, wifi state, etc) based on certain events. Events could be specified by location, time, etc...
It costs a few $, but it is worth it!

dimaj