Turning phone back in - how do you UNroot?

brunla

Reaction score
I cannot take the lag on this phone anymore and getting a new one. I rooted just for tethering purposes a while back. How do I unroot and get rid of all traces when you turn your phone back in? Any suggestions?
Thanks

newbroot83

Reaction score
Using super su?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
Oh that sounds easy. Thanks! (Does this also clear the root counter or whatever that is that Verizon can see if the phone was ever rooted?)

Menu, settings scroll to the bottom and click full unroot. Make sure any thing youve frozen or changed from stock you return to stock before un rooting

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
They can always tell if you were rooted if they really want to look for it. There have been many who have returned phones that were rooted and there was no problem. That's not saying that it's never going to be a problem. They have the right to void any warranty if they think the problem is due to rooting the device. Most people say that they never even ask when you return it.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Im not sure how they tell on moto. Samsungs are easy to tell. Just go to odin (download mode). I hope it turns out well for you

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of time or I would do it but you can search root checker in the forum. Roughly a year ago it was disclosed that moto had that on their phones

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There is a root checker on the phone. But in all reality. .rooting shouldn't void warranty...but that's an age old discussion...so even if you unroot. They can tell.