Cracked screen- cannot turn off phone

tryingcake

Reaction score
I will never again get a phone where the battery cannot be removed.

I have cracked my screen. New phone will be here in about 36 hours. In the meantime I cannot turn this one off. I want to turn it completely off so it does not receive any text messages. Please do not tell me to reboot it. Short of taking a hammer to it (and only because I have to return it for insurance) I want to shut it down.

How?????? I'm in the middle of an important transaction and do not want to lose any new incoming texts.

Thank you

OP
T

tryingcake

Reaction score
And you would think in this day and age of technology we would be able to retrieve text messages on our computers. UGH!! We could if we were using Pinger or another service like that. When is Verizon going t get a clue?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
If for some reason you cant turn it off - like the switch is broken too, just remove the SIM card. That should prevent it from receiving texts and calls.

- someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

David

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
If for some reason you cant turn it off - like the switch is broken too, just remove the SIM card. That should prevent it from receiving texts and calls.

- someone please correct me if I'm wrong though.

David

Good idea that should work. If it doesn't have a sim card it can't connect.
Is the switch broken? Why not reset it, that may stop what ever is preventing you from turning it off.

Good luck, let us know if this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2