Turn off mobile internet after new update 2.3.4

ReAligned

Reaction score
So quick question here. Before the newest update was installed I was able to hold the power button on my phone to bring up a menu. In that menu I was able to turn off the mobile 3G internet. This way I was able to save on battery life when not in use. Now since the new update when I hold the power button down I don't have that option anymore. My battery drained so fast yesterday while I was working and not using my phone. So is there an alternative way to turn it off, I was a bit disappointed when I access the menu to not find that option anymore.

Thanks in advance.

absamide

Reaction score
There is a longer way to go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> scroll to bottom and Mobile network just uncheck it.

If you want an icon on one of your screens you can click the + sign on the right side next to phone then select Widgets and scroll down to Settings which should have a down arrow on the right. Select that and you can put buttons on the screen to toggle any of your common HTC enabled abilities such as mobile, wifi, airplane, profile, etc.

tedum3

Reaction score
yea, not to mention also i liked being able to hold the power button and make my phone go straight to vibrate, not a big deal, but those 2 things a little irritating.

OP
R

ReAligned

Reaction score
There is a longer way to go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> scroll to bottom and Mobile network just uncheck it.

If you want an icon on one of your screens you can click the + sign on the right side next to phone then select Widgets and scroll down to Settings which should have a down arrow on the right. Select that and you can put buttons on the screen to toggle any of your common HTC enabled abilities such as mobile, wifi, airplane, profile, etc.

Thank you! That did the trick, I did prefer the other way of holding down the power button but this will do too I guess.

Also what's the deal with Airplane mode? I understand it disconnects all wireless connections but what's the point of it if I'm not on an airplane? lol

absamide

Reaction score
I would imagine just to make it easier for those high air-mile kind of people. Or because phones are becoming so multi-purpose that it seconds as turning off the phone for some situations.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums