How TO Update to 2.3.4 (4.08.605.2) GUARANTEED

collin3495

Reaction score
My phone reboots, but it won't install.

I did the recovery clear cache thing to let the update install on my phone. After I did that, I clicked the update and clicked for it to install and my phone turned off as it should. The black screen with the phone and the green reboot sign came up as it usually should, but then a red question mark appeard and it didn't install. Then it my phone turned off, and the the white screen with Droid Incredible came on, and then my phone turned on. My phone has Android version 2.3.4. I got 2.3.4 off the Internet. Can you guys help me out?

grif

Reaction score
I finally got the new update (4.08.605.2) without any special shortcuts. I did try jovelsters directions at first and everything seemed to work until it said at the very end that i didnt have enough space. I proceeded to delete all of my text messages and emails, then tried the following (figuring that maybe i just needed more space on my phone to install the update normally):
1. Move all apps that you can to the SD card
2. I had to delete ALL of the text messages and email messages.
3. Change the date on your phone at least one month ahead (will have to uncheck the "automatic" date and time) in settings. I'm not sure if this step is absolutely necessary but it's what i did.
4. Go to settings>about phone>system updates. i clicked on the new 4.08.605.2 update and it did its own thing, restarted on its own

Hope this helps